Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 29th, 2008 19:00

Cannot Scan a4 Page on Dell Photo 928

I cannot scan an A4 page using the Omnipage SE software that came with a Dell Photo 928 printer/scanner. The scan options give me Letter,A5,B5 and B6. When I run the setup in tools options the software shows that it also supports A4 size. I have an inspirton laptop using Vista home. I can scan upto letter size but clips the A4 pages. Any ideas would be helpful. Many thanks Padraig

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 29th, 2008 19:00

Try this FREE OCR Program  and see if you can use it to do what you want.

4.4K Posts

November 26th, 2008 10:00

I cannot scan an A4 page using the Omnipage SE software that came with a Dell Photo 928 printer/scanner. The scan options give me Letter,A5,B5 and B6. When I run the setup in tools options the software shows that it also supports A4 size. I have an inspirton laptop using Vista home. I can scan upto letter size but clips the A4 pages. Any ideas would be helpful. Many thanks Padraig

I had the same problem, but with help, found a way round. Essentially use the Dell Twain WIA drivers instead of just the WIA.

In Omnipage, Tools options, scanner tab click setup, set no to updating database, click next. Set select and test scanner, click next, despite their strong warning against it select the TWAIN WIA Dell, click next, etc.

The result is described in

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19244026/19378397.aspx#19378397

No Events found!