Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 19th, 2015 13:00

Communication Error on V715w

Recently I've been getting a Communication Error message:

What seems curious to me is that I get this with the Wi-Fi green light on, and I can ping the printer and get immediate response, so I know the printer and computer are communicating. What is it that causes the error message to be displayed? Several times, I have just clicked OK, after a short pause I get the error message again, I re-click OK and repeat this process for a few minutes and eventually the job will print. Sometimes I've run out of patience though, and either restart the computer or the printer. Any ideas on what I need to change to end these Communication Error messages?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 20th, 2015 06:00

shelquis,

Restart the computer. After you connect, wait about 2 minutes and then try it. I don't know any other solution. It has to do with Internet Explorer, but with all the updates, not sure if other updates are involved.

Once in a while, if a virus program is updated to a newer version this could happen but not as likely.

Rick

219 Posts

May 20th, 2015 10:00

OK, thanks. Yeah, re-starting either the printer or computer solves the communication problem, I was just hoping there was some adjustment or setting I could make that would eliminate the communication problem in the first place.

No Events found!