Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 5th, 2012 07:00

Compatability with P713W?

Jessie,

Thanks for the listing of compatability printers with windows 8. I see my P713W on the list as yes...supported.

However, whne I go to the drivers for my Dell P713W printer, all I see is up to windows 7. I'm looking for Windows 8 Pro 64 bit.

I did download the windows 7 64bit, but in trying to load the driver comes back saying not compatible (the driver) with this operating system!

Any ideas on how to fix?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 5th, 2012 07:00

Hi Jlans,

Dell is working to release the Windows 8 driver for Dell P713w All In One Photo Printer. I’d advise that you download the windows 7 driver in the meanwhile on your computer from the link below. Right click on the driver and click on properties. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

http://dell.to/VubGdW

Please let me know if this helps.

1 Message

February 7th, 2014 16:00

So, Dell is "working to release the Windows 8 driver for Dell P713w", you say. And yet, your post is dated 5 Nov 2012. Well, here it is Feb 2014 and funny I don't see that Windows 8 driver listed. I think we've been DUMPED by Dell. And btw, I tried downloading and installing the Windows 7 driver and running in compatibility mode. It doesn't work. Oh, the software claims it installs successfully. However, the printer won't actually work.

Looks like I'll have to scrap this Dell printer I've had less than 6 months and purchase a printer that actually works with Windows 8. Care to guess which brand printer I will NOT consider?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 8th, 2014 08:00

cookie003,

There is no guarantee this will work or not.

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Hit the Windows key and the x keys at the same time, programs and features, your printer, uninstall

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed.
Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 8 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 8 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on).

Links to the drivers can be found at...

Dell P713w Wireless All-In-One Printer owners thread

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications. If you did not install any, then Windows Defender is the default. Try reading...

Allow Printer past Microsoft Essentials/Windows Defender

Rick

No Events found!