Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 2nd, 2017 21:00

Confused: Dell E525W Installed Several Printers

I just installed my Dell E525W printer, and it looks like it installed 001 and 002 versions of the printers.  Also, after doing the entire setup, my Document Hub did not recognize the scanner, so I had to manually add even another printer that's shown here as DELL027F47.  Why are there so many different printers.  Which one do I need?  Couldn't find this info in the manual.  Thanks.

• 

16.7K Posts

August 3rd, 2017 08:00

RoyEP306,

Delete all those and also uninstall the printer drivers. Reboot and follow the information below to install the printer.

Dell E525W Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

E525w Dell Color Multifunction Printer Support Center- Install and Setup

Scanner Not Detected Using Dell Printer Hub (DPH)

52 Posts

August 21st, 2017 01:00

Microsoft OS compatible drivers come in two flavors, v3 and v4.  

- With v3, each functional driver is presented as a separate icon (i.e. PCL icon, PS icon, and Fax icon).

- With v4, there should only be a single icon regardless of the number of functional drivers.

The E525w only supports the v3 drivers.

52 Posts

August 21st, 2017 02:00

if there is a driver that is not needed, right-click on the icon and select "remove device"

1 Message

March 27th, 2018 17:00

The printer driver is automatically set to color, how can i change that for printer and copier.  I want the option to print in color when I want but not backwards like it prints in color and you have to change setting to print in color. If color cartridges are empty then you cannot print anything. 

No Events found!