Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 20th, 2008 00:00

DELL AIO Photo 926 Printer

I have had a comunication problem with my printer for some time now, and I have attempted to contact the service desk without success. Basically, I get the error saying that communication has been lost. If I disconnect the printer and reboot both the computer and the printer it usually fixes the problem. Lately it that does not work either. I have reloaded the drivers many times from the disks provided from DELL and there does not appear to be any patches or updated drivers on the website.  I am at wits end as I have had several problems with this computer since purchasing it and I am getting very frustrated. I am almost at the point of contacting consumer affairs of I dont get help soon to get this resolved. Can anyone help?.

I am running VISTA Home Premium on an Inspiron 530.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 20th, 2008 04:00

Radarz,

I'm guessing that you're connected using the USB Cable. Try this and see what happens.

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on)

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

3 Posts

December 20th, 2008 13:00

Rick,

Thanks for your help, but that did not work. I used the patch, and loaded the drivers and checked all the USB root hubs as you suggested and the problem is the same. The USB hubs did not have the power save turned on anyway.

What now?

December 20th, 2008 20:00

Radarz,

Disconnect the printer, run the patch and restart your computer.

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Starting at the bottom, USB Root Hubs, and working your way to the top, USB Universal Controllers, un-install everything in that section and then restart your computer.

Windows will find everything again and correct the one that had the problem.

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect the printer(powered on)

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Everything should work, unless your using something wireless.

Rick

3 Posts

December 20th, 2008 21:00

Rick,

Thanks for all your help, but I have tried all that and still no go.  I will be ringing DELL tomorrow as it would appear I cant print at all now. If I conect the printer to my laptop, it works fine, so has to be the computer? I had actually tried everything you suggested after reading another forum, but did it again anyway, in the order you suggest, just to be sure. No luck I'm afraid. Its not easy to uninstall all the USB hub either as Windows keeps re-installing them as you go, but I think I got there in the end.

Radarz.

No Events found!