Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 9th, 2012 20:00

DIMENSION 3100C, Windows XP - At Startup, on the Desktop Screen, I get a RUNDLL error message.

I have a DIMENSION 3100C, running Windows XP.  When I start it up, it gets to the Desktop screen, then an error box appears.  It says "RUNDLL  Error in C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\DLCJtime.dll   Missing Entry: RUNDLLEntry"

I can click OK, the box goes away, and the computer seems to work OK.

What does the error mean?  What can I do to fix it?

Thanks for any suggestions.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

October 9th, 2012 21:00

Hi ColemanCreative,

The RUNDLL Error in C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\DLCJtime.dll is caused due to printer software being corrupted. So it is advisable to uninstall the printer driver and then reinstall the driver again. Please follow the instructions below to uninstall the printer driver.

Go to Control Panel/Printers & Other Hardware/Printers & Faxes>delete the existing printer.

Go to Add/Remove Programs>delete the printer software.

Reboot the system and reinstall the printer software and drivers for your computer.

You can find the drivers for dell printers in the link below punch the printer service tag or express service code and download the drivers.

http://dell.to/Qnizfs

I hope you find this useful.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

October 16th, 2012 04:00

Hi ColemanCreative,

Please let us know whether you have uninstalled and re-installed the printer driver for your computer. After the driver installation does RUNDLL error message in startup still persists?

Please do reply for further assistance.

October 16th, 2012 15:00

Second part of my Reply.

I download DELL DRIVER  G5A32-WP English, the files download and unzip OK.  It brings up the Dell Photo AIO Printer 964 Installation window.  I click on Personal Installation, the window disappears and nothing happens.

After all of this the Printer prints and scans fine.  But when I Restart the computer, after the Desktop populates, I still get the message RUNDLL Error in C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\DLCJtime.dll

If you have any other suggestions, answers, etc.  I appreciate hearing them.

Thank you,

Gary

October 16th, 2012 15:00

Hi Senthil,

I tried following your instructions but had some problems.

I was able to delete the existing printer and the printer software.

I rebooted the system.  So far, OK.

I cannot find my Setting Up Your Printer poster that came with my Dell AIO Printer, so I don't know when to disconnect the printer's USB and power cord and when to reconnect them.  Do you know where I can get a new poster, or do you have those instructions to share with me?

When I reconnect the printer USB cable I get a popup on the computer "Found New Hardware", then a window popsup that wants me to insert my Printer Install CD.  My Printer Install CD is old.  When I put it in the D:\  CD/DVD slot, I can hear it working for a bit, but the Install program rarely starts up. It seems like the computer is not reading the CD. If it does start, I get the window to Install.  I click on INSTALL and nothing happens.  The window disappears.  Can I get an a new Installation Disc for my DELL AIO Photo 964 Printer?

When I try downloading new drives, I followed your link, downloaded DELL FIRMWARE  N201, A04, and got the files unzipped.  The computer show a black screen window called C:\WINDOW\system32\cmd.exe and another window, AIO Firmware Update Utility 2.04.  This window shows it is Initializing 100% and Total Progress is 31%.  Next another box pops up that says AIO Machine Firmware Version: Cab_E071006_00,  Firmware Update Version: Cab_E121505_00, Do you want to continue with the update?  I Click YES.  Back on the AIO Firmware Update Utility 2.04, it shows Flashing and gets to 84% and Total Progress 76%, the stops and shows a box that says Firmware Update Complete.  I click OK.

If I go back to the Drives Download window and filter for Windows XP, I get download options for DELL FIRMWARE  N201, A04,   DELL FIRMWARE  071006, A04,and DELL DRIVER

G5A32-WP English

When I download DELL FIRMWARE  071006, I get to the AIO Firmware Update Utility 2.04, and it shows Initializing 100% and Total Progress 11%.  Next another box pops up that says AIO Machine Firmware Version: ..4P......,  Firmware Update Version: CabEC_E071006_00, Do you want to continue with the update?  I Click YES.  Back on the AIO Firmware Update Utility 2.04, it shows Flashing and gets to 54% and Total Progress 64%, the stops and shows a box that says Firmware Update Complete, The firware upgrade process has completed without receiving a Power On Reset alert. Verify that the machine has finished updating firmware before removing power.   I don't know what that means or how to do it so I click OK.

When I download DELL DRIVER

G5A32-WP English, it downloads and unzips OK.  Then it opens the Dell Photo AIO Printer 964 Installation window.  I click on Personal Installation, the window disappears and nothing seems to happen.

The Printer Prints and scans OK, but whe I Restart the computer,   Once the desktop repopulates, I get the Error Box that says The RUNDLL Error in C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\DLCJtime.dll.

If you have any suggestions or answers to my questions, please tell me.

I appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Gary Coleman

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

October 17th, 2012 02:00

Hi ColemanCreative,

Even after uninstalling and re-installing the printer driver if the ‘RUNDLL’ error message comes up in the system it could be an issue with the operating system. However, you can disable this process in startup for time being, so that system will work fine without any issue. Please follow the steps below. 

Start >run > msconfig > this will open a windows which has five tabs ‘General, Boot, services, startup and tools’ > select startup > there may be multiple entries related to the printer software please uncheck them all > click on apply and click on ok. Restart the computer so that the startup error message will be disabled. 

As a permanent fix, I suggest operating system re-installation after all the data is backed up.

4.4K Posts

May 18th, 2013 01:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity.For assistance,with same issue or a different issue,please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.        

No Events found!