Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 5th, 2009 04:00

Del AIO A940 printing strange.

I have a A940 that has developed a couple habits. It won't print past the first page of any dovument. If I go to ptint review, the 2nd page showes headers and footers but no text. I installed the newest firmware and druer but no joy.

I also have a pair of razor headphones going back to New Egg RMA but it won't print out the UPS Shipping label, so time is somewhat a factor.

anyone thik they know what might be going on?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 5th, 2009 06:00

PorPorMe,

Follow these instructions carefully and the printer should install correctly and your issues should be gone. Let me know what happens.

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer.

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch(a MUST on Vista machines) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

Vista 64-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Now install the proper Drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect the printer(powered on)

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Or

Try this FREE OCR Program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

No Events found!