Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 21st, 2010 21:00

Dell 1125 MFP grinding noise

I picked up a Dell 1125 MFP and got it hooked up. Problem is, when I turned it on and it initialized it produced this awful grinding noise from the left side down by the paper pick-up. I don't know why but I know it can't be good. Any ideas? I bought it as an open-box so there's no warranty.

3 Posts

July 24th, 2010 13:00

Geez...I'm gonna feel real dumb if that's what it is. I didn't even thing about that interacting with the gear system. I'll first try re-seating the one that's in there.

thanks!

July 24th, 2010 13:00

Try a known good toner cartridge and drum, then replace the unit if the noises are still occurring.

3 Posts

July 24th, 2010 14:00

Well...so much for that. Reseated the toner/drum unit and it still did it. Took it out entirely and manually tripped the front panel switch and observed the mechanism. Seems there is a misalignment of the gears in the main gear cluster. any idea if these are sold as user-replaceable parts or do I have to register as a technician to get them?

July 24th, 2010 14:00

I don't believe Dell has these parts to purchase. Since the printer is so cheap, sending a technician and parts would be more than the cost of the printer. As long as there is no damage to the toner and drum, I would consider replacing the unit.

No Events found!