Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 1st, 2019 10:00

Dell 1320C Laser Printer 64-bit driver for MacOS Catalina 10.15

Need a compatible driver for a 1320C color laser printer connected to an iMac running Catalina 10.15, it needs ot be 64-bit

1 Message

November 7th, 2019 18:00

1 Message

November 4th, 2019 13:00

Yes, please update the 1320c driver for macOS Catalina users.

2 Posts

November 8th, 2019 05:00

Thanks so much ! It worked. macOS Catalina 10.15.1

December 14th, 2019 07:00

Hi. I have followed the instructions to the letter but cannot print from tray1, only the bypass tray. I have looked into  the presets within the driver and it does show the paper source is the bypass tray with no option to change this. Can anyone tell me how I can as Apple don't offer a solution and this option is actually the 10.13 version.

thanks

Peter

December 14th, 2019 07:00

Joe_Dec.

Can I ask how you managed to set the tray 1 as an option to print from please?

December 16th, 2019 05:00

Am using Catalina v 10.15.2.

I've managed to follow all the instructions including the selection of the Tray 1 (500 sheets), but still get nothing on the printer except a flashing green light on the tray. I try hitting the green arrow on the printer; nothing.

Can anybody help? Thanks!

December 16th, 2019 07:00

this mostly worked for me.  the printer will only print with manual feed.  I chose the 500 page option and tried the other options too. did anybody figure this out?

December 16th, 2019 07:00

it wants manual feed

December 16th, 2019 09:00

Sorry to be dumb guys, but what does manual feed mean/imply?

I have tried to hit the Green arrow on the printer and it did nothing. Is this not manual feed?

Thanks v much.

December 16th, 2019 12:00

when the front of the paper tray is closed there are two grey things that slide wider of narrower. you have to feed one sheet of paper into that slot thereprinter

2 Posts

June 23rd, 2020 18:00

These problems affect the majority of older Dell laser printers, and the situation will get worse.  I have a different view of the best solution. 

Per Dell, "Note: Dell is aware that there are no Laser printer drivers for macOS 10.15, also known as macOS Catalina. Due to circumstances beyond our control, Dell will not be able to offer Laser printer drivers for macOS Catalina."  This is a banner on this page:  https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln155330/installing-dell-laser-printers-on-apple-mac-systems?lang=en

Although it’s apparently due to Dell selling their printer division(?), that statement disturbs me, and prompts me to provide some context and suggestions that other end-users may find helpful. 

I've used computers since MS-DOS in the mid 1980's, have upgraded a dozen PC's, and built at least one.

I bought most of my computers from Dell, until Dell abandoned me with a brand new 17" laptop running Vista, refusing to support the promised downgrade to the stable OS because after dozens of hours patiently working with tech support on the phone, their hardware/software problems took me 2 days past the 90 day cutoff window for OS downgrades on a new PC.  Yes, 2 days.  Abandonment was an official hardline policy, as punishment for my trusting patience. 

So I finally kissed Dell PC's and Windows goodbye, and have bought 4 Apple computers since.  My main regret is how long it took me to go Apple.  It's been quite a learning curve, but worth it.  I'll never go back. That brings me to printers. 

I saw printers as a segment that Dell still did "right".  I've bought almost exclusively Dell laser printers for 15 yrs, and bought all my cartridges from Dell, until two years ago.  I was dissatisfied with the glitchy interface and sparse capabilities, so I tried a Brother MFC-J6535DW - which was worse.   I upgraded to Catalina last night, and NOW I find out that it won't even let my Dell B1165nfw driver run.  But my old Dell 1133 does at least print normally. (I doubt if it will still scan, but haven't bothered to try.)  My new unopened printer box holds a Canon – hopefully that will turn out better. 

For small business owners… the numbers showing that windows PC’s are cheaper than Apples, don’t include all the costs, and they consider none of the headaches and downtime.  The Apple platform has an unavoidable learning curve, but has 95% more OS stability, and far lower costs in software, and immensely lower risks for malware and ransomware.  Consequently, once you transition, support costs and staff efficiency losses are much lower.  Overall, the total costs and risk exposures are easily superior. 

Further, you don’t need to buy a new Apple every 2-4 yrs. Buy models with upgradeable RAM and HD storage, and use them for 5-8 years if you like.  And, Apple’s new desktop and i-pad OS will interface seamlessly with i-phones and run i-phone apps, which will reduce the learning curves for everyone while further improving efficiencies. So, it’s worth considering.

2 Posts

July 17th, 2020 14:00

As an update, I'd like to report that my Canon Color ImageClass MF741CDW (a nicely priced entry-business-level color laser printer) works very smoothly with Catalina, handling the autofeed doc scanner and printing with no issues.  As a plus, it is easily the fastest and quietest printer I've ever owned - ever. 

1 Message

October 5th, 2020 13:00

Ok great now how do i adjust the color to print properly?

1 Message

November 23rd, 2020 01:00

Thank you so much! Made my day!

(Even works with Big sur)

No Events found!