Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 8th, 2014 14:00

Dell 1320c Email Settings

Hello,

I have had this printer for over 4 years now, and I remember when first getting it, I struggled to set up email alerts - now it is more important than ever that I get this configured, so I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I want it to it to use gmail smtp sever, and also to email to a gmail address. I have entered the correct smtp server, and the correct port number, and authentication type, according to Google's documentation - however, when ever I enter the password, and click apply, it just keeps to default to 5 dots as the smtp login password (and also the pop login password, but pop isn't important for me). It never seems to want to remember my password, and every time an alert is sent out by the printer, smtp authentication just fails. It is a really frustrating problem, which I am hoping someone can assist me with.

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

253 Posts

August 8th, 2014 14:00

Hello KARAJJAMJAR,

Thank you for posting to the forum. This model is designed to work primarily with locally hosted email servers within the same network. This is because the printer does not support SSL/TLS level encryption employed by many third party email providers such as Gmail. Reviewing documentation provided by Google they do offer a restricted configuration you can try to setup but it does take some advanced configuration. Outside of that I am afraid you will not be able to get this printer function as you desire do to limitations of its firmware.

https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en

Regards,

Joseph E

[tag:iworkfordell]

August 8th, 2014 15:00

Aaah I thought that may be the case. Never mind, it was worth a shot, I will use a different method then.

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

253 Posts

August 8th, 2014 15:00

KARAJJAMJAR,

It was my pleasure to assist you. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Joseph E

[tag:iworkfordell]

No Events found!