I have a printer, Dell 1720 Laser, which I really like. It was working perfect and the print is very nice. recently it was smugging a little the paper and decided to clean it.
after I cleaned it I started to get an error which I could not find the cause of it.
maybe someone can help me figure out what it is happening.
1. First I get all LEDs blinking
2. Then when I press the continue button twice I get these 3 LEDs blinking
3. And when I click it the continue twice again I get 2 LEDs blinking
Does any one know what could be the problem and if there is a fix for it?
Thanks I really appreciate it.
Thanks for posting.
Have you tried resetting?
1. Power OFF the printer and UN-plug any data cable(s).
2. Open the front cover.
3. Depress and hold both the Continue and Cancel buttons.
4. With the cover open and both buttons depressed, power ON the unit.
5. Continue to hold the buttons down until the Error light is the only one active. (you will see the lights cycle several times before this occurs)
6. Close the cover...... Done
Post back your results.
Hi DELL-Robert P,
thanks for your replay and sorry for the long reply.
I have tried to do the reset following your instructions, but unfortunately did not solve the problem.
is there anything else that I can try?
In researching this, unfortunately it appears your mainboard may have died. You might contact Tech Support if you are still under warranty, or a local computer shop for further assistance. Thanks.