Highlighted
Betty1909
Copper

Dell 2135cn MFP PCL6 Color Laser Printer but service tag brings up a Dell 2155cn/cdn

Jump to solution

I am having problems with my printer. If I print one page, it will print but then it instructs me to: Load Tray 1. 024-910. Printer. A4. When the tray is full. I tried to call Dell several times a day for 4 days to be put on hold for hours with no answer just that music. When I begin calling all the contact numbers I can find and finally get to speak to a person, I am transferred from department to department with no help. Finally a technician tells me he will fix the problem but it will cost me $59.95 because my warranty has expired. I say ok but it can't be charged to my dell account it has to be paid with a credit or debit card. Then I'm told I will have to have a repairman come out to fix it and will need to pay an additional $110.00 but there is no guarantee that the problem will be fixed. I try the troubleshooting tips but they don't work. Has anyone else had this same problem and found a solution. Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Dell 2135cn MFP PCL6 Color Laser Printer but service tag brings up a Dell 2155cn/cdn

Jump to solution

Hello Betty,

Thank you for posting to the forum. The error you're getting is normally a pretty quick fix. The first thing to do is make sure you do not have a hardware failure, so for now please remove the data cables and leave them unplugged. I am going to ask that you remove the tray and set the paper aside, once that is done move the paper guides all the way in then out ending with them in the proper setting. Once that is done reset the printer back to factory using the below steps.

System Settings

1. Press down arrow until >SETUP appears, and then press check mark button.
  2. Press down arrow until >Admin Menu appears, and then press check mark button.
  3. Press down arrow until >Maintenance appears, and then press check mark button.
  4. Press down arrow until >Initialize NVM appears, and then press check mark button.
  5. Press down arrow until >System Section appears, and then press check mark button.
  6. The Are you sure? message appears on the operator panel, and then press right/left arrow to select Yes. Press check mark button.
  7. The printer is turned off automatically to apply the settings.
  8. Network Settings
  9. Admin Menu > Wired Network > Intialize NVM 

Once the reset is complete go under the menu on the printer itself to reports. From there try and print a few of the reports. If those print without error your hardware should be ok, if it throws the error to load tray then likely the tray guides are damage leading to you replacing the tray. 

If things work out then move forward with reconnecting the data cables and trying to print from your PC. If no errors from that point you are good to go. If the error does reoccur check the document your trying to print and the settings of the driver to make sure they are correct. If those appear correct try re-installing the printer driver in case it has been corrupted.

Regards,

Joseph E

[tag:iworkfordell]

DELL-Joseph E
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell

Tags (1)
0 Kudos