Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

February 6th, 2009 10:00

Dell 2135cn on a Mac

Do any of you all know if a Dell 2135cn will work with a MAC. I can see the printer, but I get garbage when I try to print. I am running the latest MAC OS

37 Posts

February 28th, 2009 11:00

it is not compatible with a MAC OS:

click the Tech Specs tab and scroll down to the "Compatible Client Operating Systems" section.

1 Message

March 29th, 2011 06:00

I am able to print to the 2135cn from Mac computers using the techniques described in this article:

http://trekerboy.blogspot.com/2009/02/panasonic-dp-cl22-osx-installation.html

In short:

• Download and install hpijs
  • Download and install Foomatic-RIP
  • Download and install Ghostscript for Mac (I used homebrew)
  • When adding the printer, make sure the protocol is "Line Printer Daemon - LPD"
  • Make sure your printer IP is static, or has lease time of forver on your DHCP server or router.
  • Once you type in the IP, under the "Print Using" drop-down, find "Generic PCL Laser Printer".

2 Posts

April 25th, 2011 16:00

@Marshally

I followed your steps from the article and I was able to succesfully print documents from my macbook pro to the Dell 2135cn.  Except its still in Greyscale, even when selecting Color Print from the presets.  Does "Generic PCL laser Printer" driver work with color?  I'm not seeing it happening.  Is there another driver that can work with the 2135cn in color?

Also, for the third step "Download and install Ghostscript for Mac (I used homebrew)" what did you mean by homebrew?  As I installed it I didn't see any option for homebrew.

2 Posts

August 16th, 2011 14:00

Did you ever get past printing in greyscale?  I have not been able to print in color since I switched to my macbook pro last month... any help would be greatly appreciated :)

2 Posts

August 17th, 2011 13:00

FYI - I have worked around this by opening my documents (only works with ones created in MS Word, not Mac Word) and printing through Windows on Parallels.  Not an ideal solution, but it works for my limited purposes of printing in color for redlined documents.

March 22nd, 2012 14:00

Excellent instructions as they worked out perfectly for me! Thanks for sharing the knowledge :emotion-2:

October 3rd, 2012 15:00

What instructions? "Run in parallels"? That's not much instruction. I am also having issues printing in color also.

No Events found!