2 Iron

Dell 2145cn MFP web-interface issue

Hello,

I am trying to activate the following check box in the web based configuration of the 2145cn multifunction printer:

Machine Settings > E-mail Setup > SMPT Client Setup > File Format Setup Prompt :  ( Always prompt for file format setup before scanning?)

I can check the box and click "Apply", but the printer always 'forgets' the setting.

I tested using Firefox 3.0.13 as well as Explorer 8.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
2 Iron

Re: Dell 2145cn MFP web-interface issue

I hate to bump my own posts, but could someone pass this to the firmware developers so they can correct it?

It's a real nuisance to always have to manually change the default file format when someone wants to scan a
JPEG instead of a PDF.

0 Kudos
4 Germanium

Interesting..... let's take this one step farther. I setup a 2145 on my office lab network and noted that when I accessed the page you provided, the check-box was already checked. BUT, once I unchecked the box, I found I could not get the box re-checked.

I'll pass this on up thru my company channels so they can pass it on to Dell to get fixed. Don't hold your breath...... these things take awhile.

"the Llynster"

• CompTIA PDI+ Certified
  • all dell shop
  • internet connected via WildBlue satellite
0 Kudos
2 Iron

Thanks a lot for doing the experiment, llynster.  I hope this will eventually reach the persons who can fix it...

0 Kudos
4 Germanium

GOOD CATCH !!

I've already received a "Thank you for your feedback" email...... let's see how far it goes.

"the Llynster"

• CompTIA PDI+ Certified
  • all dell shop
  • internet connected via WildBlue satellite
0 Kudos