Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 7th, 2009 04:00

Dell 2145cn MFP web-interface issue

Hello,

I am trying to activate the following check box in the web based configuration of the 2145cn multifunction printer:

Machine Settings > E-mail Setup > SMPT Client Setup > File Format Setup Prompt :  ( Always prompt for file format setup before scanning?)

I can check the box and click "Apply", but the printer always 'forgets' the setting.

I tested using Firefox 3.0.13 as well as Explorer 8.

36 Posts

September 24th, 2009 05:00

I hate to bump my own posts, but could someone pass this to the firmware developers so they can correct it?

It's a real nuisance to always have to manually change the default file format when someone wants to scan a
JPEG instead of a PDF.

1.7K Posts

September 24th, 2009 11:00

Interesting..... let's take this one step farther. I setup a 2145 on my office lab network and noted that when I accessed the page you provided, the check-box was already checked. BUT, once I unchecked the box, I found I could not get the box re-checked.

I'll pass this on up thru my company channels so they can pass it on to Dell to get fixed. Don't hold your breath...... these things take awhile.

1.7K Posts

September 24th, 2009 13:00

GOOD CATCH !!

I've already received a "Thank you for your feedback" email...... let's see how far it goes.

36 Posts

September 24th, 2009 13:00

Thanks a lot for doing the experiment, llynster.  I hope this will eventually reach the persons who can fix it...

No Events found!