Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 14th, 2014 09:00

Dell 2155 cdn printer

Fairly new printer now runs low on black toner and registers this fact.

Printer works well with single side printing but when duplex printing is selected produces fault:

Load SSF

Letter 

Plain

024-969 Printer

Is this a built in Dell software failure mode - is the printer really failing - should I replace the black toner and the printer will return to normal operation?

105 Posts

April 17th, 2014 19:00

I heard that this problem is commom for those who normally use A4 paper. You may be printing from a document that was created using the Letter paper size (typically a Word Doc of PDF file created in the USA). Try to reformat the document that you are trying to print, to A4. You may change the formatting of the document when doing this and page numbers may be incorrect when compared to the index and contents pages.

2 Posts

April 18th, 2014 10:00

Thanks for your input. Unfortunately, the paper size selected is not the problem. The printer works fine, printing single pages from a document but only faults when the duplex option is selected. Since new toners are very expensive, I need to find out if this 12 month old printer is at fault before investing so much money on replacement consumables. Otherwise the Dell goes in the trash and I spend my money on a brand new printer - probably not a Dell.

1 Message

May 14th, 2014 09:00

This problem cropped up for me today (with a Dell 2155CD and Win 7); the printer insisted on asking me to put paper in the SSF even if the settings, both in the document's print menu AND the Control Panel's default settings for the paper source were to use Auto or Paper Tray. It was so frustrating, I was ready to toss the whole thing.

Here's how I fixed it. It's done entirely on the printer, not on your computer.

On the printer, press MENU.

Scroll down to SYSTEM (2 down presses on my printer) and press the keypad's central checkmark.

Scroll down to ADMIN MENU (1 down press on mine) and press the checkmark.

Scroll down to MAINTENANCE (6 presses on the DOWN button on mine) and press the checkmark.

Scroll down to RESET DEFAULT (11 presses on the down button on mine) and press the checkmark.

That did it. The printer reset itself and whatever was screwing up was gone.

Good luck and let me know if this works for you!

Josh Mandel
Albany, NY

No Events found!