Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 1st, 2015 17:00

Dell 2335dn PDF Scan

Recently updated to Windows 7 and my Dell 2335dn will not scan a PDF.  I can print and get the scanner to scan a JPEG, BMP, or TIFF.  The Scan Manager recognizes the scanner, but won't allow me to change any of the properties.  It was working fine before I updated to Windows 7.  I have tried to download the latest drivers and utilities....even copied the Scan Manager from another PC with Windows 7 that does work.  Not sure what to do at this point.

2 Posts

April 2nd, 2015 11:00

Do you have a "Scanner properties" or "Scanner preferences" option when you right click on the printer from Devices and Printers?  That is where you would change this behavior.

2 Posts

April 2nd, 2015 12:00

When I right click on the printer I do have a "Scan Properties" option, but all that comes up is a General Tax with a Test Scanner button that when pushed shows "Your imaging device successfully completed the diagnostic test" and a Color Management tab...which is no help at all.  

1 Rookie

• 

253 Posts

April 21st, 2015 13:00

Hello BTills,

Based on the information you provided it sounds like your trying to scan by USB. In order for you to be able to get PDF scan it requires that you also have Paperport installed. Please uninstall any previous software and download from the following allowing the install to run. This has the full software package for this printer. From there just go thru the setup process and you should be good to go.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=7W2TH&fileId=3294250065&osCode=W764&productCode=dell-2335dn&languageCode=EN&categoryId=AP

Regards,

Joseph E

2 Posts

May 12th, 2017 14:00

Oh, and I am using Windows 10 with my Dell C2665dnf Printer!  

2 Posts

May 12th, 2017 14:00

Joseph - I'm having the same problem as Btills, however, I have a Dell C2665ndf printer/scanner.  Can you help me too???  I'm desperate to fix this, but am not sure which file to install.  I followed the link you sent to Btills, but it goes to the wrong printer.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!

No Events found!