Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 24th, 2007 16:00

Dell 3000cn color printing on a Mac

I have been unable to configure a Dell 3000cn to print in color on a Mac although supposedly it is possible. Below is a set of instructions that is supposed to do the trick but it does not. "The best color driver for this printer would be the pxlmono driver. To use it, download and install Foomatic-RIP and ESP Ghostscript from /linux-foundation.org/en/OpenPrinting/MacOSX/foomatic> Download the PPD for the HP Color LaserJet 5000 from /www.linuxprinting.org/show_driver.cgi?driver=pxlmono>. Place the downloaded PPD in the /Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/ directory. You can then create a new printer queue using that PPD. Look for "HP Color LaserJet 5000 Foomatic/pxlmono" when choosing the PPD." When I use these instructions, the Dell 3000cn prints out the following: Subsytem: Kernel Error: IllegalTag Operator: ReadImage Position: 179 Alternatively, color printing is supposed to be possible on the Mac by the following: "You can also try using the hpijs drivers /linux-foundation.org/en/OpenPrinting/MacOSX/hpijs> and select an appropriate HP Color LaserJet PPD from that driver set. That will also work, but the quality will most likely be of a lesser quality than using the pxlmono driver." When I use these instructions, the printer prints but in black and white. I'd very much appreciate comments on the above methods and/or any alternative methods to get the Dell 3000cn to print in color on a Mac. Thanks. James
No Responses!
No Events found!