Highlighted
edfromut
1 Nickel

Dell 3100cn Drum Assembly

I figured out that the streaks I was getting in my prints was due to the drum being defective. I replaced the drum and the problem went away. I would like to repair the old drum. Is there any troubleshooting and disassembly/assembly instructions available for the 3100cn drum?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
llynster
3 Cadmium

Re: Dell 3100cn Drum Assembly

@edfromut wrote:

I figured out that the streaks I was getting in my prints was due to the drum being defective. I replaced the drum and the problem went away. I would like to repair the old drum. Is there any troubleshooting and disassembly/assembly instructions available for the 3100cn drum?

Thanks

You may want to go visit and read this entire thread:

http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=A940&thread.id=22414

There were several suggested solutions shown within that thread. (including pictures showing screw locations)

Although several have claimed that sanding down the ribs that interfere with the belt was successful, I would not really go that route as you would also have to make absolutely sure that no plastic particles from the sanding operation contaminate the drum unit.

That said, the cover can be completely removed and the machine operated without it. The problem that introduces is difficulty removing and replacing the unit..... the handle is part of the cover.

Another possible solution is to remove the cover, heat it up enough (hairdryer?) to remove the warp and cool it while holding it flat, or "slightly" outward.

Message Edited by llynster on 02-04-2008 07:58 AM

"the Llynster"

• CompTIA PDI+ Certified
  • all dell shop
  • internet connected via WildBlue satellite
0 Kudos