Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 9th, 2006 18:00

Dell 3100cn and glossy paper?

I've tried Kodak Premium glossy paper another (can't remember which) glossy paper with the Dell 3100cn. I tried in just regular color print mode as well as twiddled some settings to try and improve image. The color image is just a simple picture of my kids from a digital camera (jpeg file).

The output is totally horrible. I've wasted about $10 so far with this expensive paper (never mind the consumables).

Can anyone recommend a decent glossy paper and/or printer settings to get decent quality printing on a Dell 3100cn color laser printer?

Thanks!

Rob

January 10th, 2006 01:00

Rob-

Does the specific paper say laser paper on it?  I had a hard time finding glossy laser paper at a store.  I finally found 2 types at officemax.  They only had one package of each on their shelf.  The first is HP glossy photo & imaging laser paper (200pps, 95 bright, 32#).  The second is Hammermill color gloss paper (300pps, 90 bright, 32#).  Both seem to work the same. 

If the package didn't say laser on it I didn't try to use it in my 3100cn.  I've has an experience with glossy paper at work that didn't fair too well.  Anything glossy that does not specifically say it is for lasers could damage the fuser or get ruined at the fuser.

Mark

17 Posts

January 10th, 2006 10:00

I don't remember specifically the paper but I think it was Kodak Premium.

I just placed an order from Staples for this item:

Item No.

Item Name
HP COLRLSR BROCHER PPR GLS 100
HP Color Laser Brochure Paper, 8-1/2" x 11", Glossy, Pack

Great for flyers and marketing materials.

• Ultra-smooth finish for rich colors and true-to-life images.
  • Bright with high opacity for two-sided printing with no show-through.
  • Heavyweight paper looks and feels impressive.

I'll let you know how it works out.

Rob

1 Message

May 4th, 2006 23:00

have you had a chance to try this paper and does it work well with the 3100cn printer?
No Events found!