Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 24th, 2008 16:00

Dell 3100cn print problem

My Dell 3100cn printer all of a sudden started filling the whole page up with all toner colors when trying to print black text. And then the paper gets jammed in the fuser. Are these two issues related? I clear the jam but the same thing keeps happening over and over. Any suggestions? Thanks for your replies.

25 Posts

August 27th, 2008 20:00

The problems are potentially related did they start at the same time? Do blank pages come out ok?

The colour problem sounds like the Intermediete Transfer Belt which is in the Imaging Drum is not turning and thus smearing all colour on your page, normally this would give a messy rainbow look.

The jam could be because of the amount of toner on the paper or could just be an unrelated fuser jam.

28 Posts

August 27th, 2008 21:00

Thanks for the reply. You are right yermaw, I changed the drum and it is now printing properly and it is not jamming anymore. What exactly is wrong with the drum that would cause this type of printout? What does the Intermediete Transfer Belt look like? Can I fix the drum to get it working again? The drum only has about 300 prints before it went bad. I would like to salvage it if possible.

25 Posts

August 28th, 2008 10:00

If you look at the drum cartridge there is the main blue roller. just above this, part of the belt is visable. If you rotate the blue roller, the belt should also rotate. If it does not then inside the drum the connecting gears / levers etc will not be right.

It's not easy to service, too many springs and clips to put back together.

If you call Dell Tech Support, the will replace the drum as it has a life warranty and  300 prints is not end of life...

No Events found!