Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 29th, 2009 05:00

Dell 3110cn Printer, Invalid User 016-757 message on Control Panel

Hello,

I have a Dell 3110cn printer that is hooked up directly to the computer via USB cable.  Every time I send a print job, the control panel at the printer says "Invalid User 016-757" "Account Denied Press √".  How can I clear this message and able to accept print jobs.  Thank you.

1.7K Posts

May 6th, 2009 08:00

If the password has never been changed, the default is:
(Username) admin
(Password) "null" or "blank"

If that doesn't work, let me know...... there's another way.

8 Posts

April 29th, 2009 06:00

Originally, it was a network printer, now as local printer.  I think that this printer has been configured like that some time ago.  I would like to know if I am able to clear/reset this setting.  I'll follow this up.

1.7K Posts

Yes, it can be cleared, it's just a matter of "how easy".

This would be much easier to do connected to a network, even if temporarily.

May I ask why the printer has been moved to USB (vs. NET)?

1.7K Posts

This is an "Auditron" (i.e., Dell ColorTrack) error message. It means that the user is not authorized to print, or has exceeded his quota, or more the 50 users have been registered in ColorTrack.

When did the problem start? Immediately after driver installation or after a period of time?

Right-click the printer Object then left click properties; click the Configuration tab.

Either take a picture of the screen (ALT+PrntScrn) or describe everything you see in this window.

8 Posts

April 29th, 2009 07:00

Apparently, the printer was no longer used in network and the requestor wants the printer by her desk.

I can bring the printer in our shop and set this up network so I can access the printer through the web browser.  Is there steps that I can do to clear this up via the web browser?  Thanks for the advise.

1.7K Posts

April 29th, 2009 08:00

Once you get it back on a network and have a valid IP address, open IE and use that IP address in your browser to access the printer web page. You do not need to install any drivers to do this.

In the left margin area, click the Print Volume link. Under the print Volume tab, click the Dell ColorTrack link. If either of the boxes are checked, uncheck them and "Restart printer to apply new settings".

8 Posts

May 5th, 2009 13:00

I have successfully access the printer via web browser.  However, when I attempt to click "Restart printer to apply new settings", I have a dialog box saying it needs user name and password.  Here what it says on the dialog box: "The server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx at Dell Color Laser 3110cn requires a username and password.

Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection)."

Is there a way to access this or is it possible to clear the administrative password on that print server?  Please advise.  Thank you.

8 Posts

May 6th, 2009 15:00

That fixed the problem.  Thank you for your time!

2 Posts

August 2nd, 2010 19:00

You mentioned there were ways to reset the password.  I have a different problem that requires me to reset the password.  I have the same printer that I bought used off the internet.  I have a Mac computer and have installed the Mac OS driver.  The printer is connected via USB and wired ethernet.  My computer sees the printer and I can access Dell Printer configuration web tool.  The problem is that I cannot print (error 016 757 invalid user Account denied).  I don't know how I would go about fixing this but I assume I would need to know the password which I don't.  I tried using the passwords you mentioned earlier and they do not work.

8 Posts

August 3rd, 2010 05:00

If your printer is hooked up via ethernet and able to access the printer via the browser, you should access where that contain protected account.  Use the one that has been verified answer text above.  That should clear the account setting.  Good luck.

January 12th, 2011 00:00

If your printer is hooked up via ethernet and able to access the printer via the browser, you should access where that contain protected account.  Use the one that has been verified answer text above.  That should clear the account setting.  Good luck.

Glad to follow what you said, It annoys me long.

2 Posts

March 20th, 2012 14:00

Thanks a lot! That DID it!

2 Posts

March 20th, 2012 14:00

Answer by llynster is the ONE that did the trick!!!

No Events found!