Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 30th, 2012 13:00

Dell 3130cn Color Laser

I have a problem with one person whose double sided option is grayed out when trying to print double sided.  However, another person can use the same printer to print double sided just fine.

Thanks.....

117 Posts

August 3rd, 2012 07:00

In the printer preferences there is a place where you can see the installed options on the printer. The 3130 does not have the duplexer installed by default. You should be able to use the ask printer button on that screen or manually tell it that a duplexer is installed. Once that is done, the option in preferences will appear to allow you to print both sides.

113 Posts

July 30th, 2012 14:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Dell Community Forum.

Please let me know if you are talking about two different user accounts or two different computers.

In case, if it is two different computers, on the computer which has the issue, please click on Start and click on Printers and Faxes(Windows XP), type printer in the search box and click on Devices and printers(Windows Vista and Windows 7).

Right click on Dell 3130CN laser printer and click on printing preferences.

In the options, check the option besides the two sided printing.

Please post back the results.

4 Posts

July 31st, 2012 09:00

Thank you for your reply.  I have two different users using two different computers.  They both print to the same computer.  One has the option to print double sided.  The other person on the a different computer, the option to print double sided is grayed out when he tries to go to printing preferences.

4 Posts

July 31st, 2012 09:00

Sorry.  They both print to the same printer.

4 Posts

July 31st, 2012 14:00

I installed latest driver from DELL and now he only gets option for 1 sided.  It isn't grayed out anymore but neither of the flip options are listed.  Again, it is only one user.  Other people using other computers have no problems.

113 Posts

August 2nd, 2012 14:00

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, we appreciate the opportunity to work with you to resolve the issue, we also sincerely appreciate your technical expertise. Let us go ahead and uninstall the printer software from the computer using a third party software “Revo uninstaller”. It is very effective and cleans out all traces of the previous software as well as the drivers. You can download it from the link below.

www.revouninstaller.com/download-professional-version.php

Revo has an easy to use interface and in case you face any issues, please do get back to me. Revo will help us uninstall the program completely including the leftover traces of the registry keys. After that, please reboot the computer and reinstall the program again.

Please post back the results so that we can take this resolution forward.

117 Posts

August 3rd, 2012 07:00

edit of the above: In the printer properties...

No Events found!