Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 23rd, 2011 16:00

Dell 720 Printer: "Specified print monitor is unknown"

Okay - I'm frazzled.   3 months with no printer.    $239 paid to "iYogi" for 1 year of service, and many many hours later, and I still have no connection with my printer.   It came with my Dell Dimension 3000 - and was working until just before Christmas.   iYogi did all kinds of fixes and nothing worked.   Their last suggestion (after a total of 9 hours working with them) is to "maybe" reload Windows 7.    Anyone out there have any suggestions?   I thought $239 was cheaper than buying a whole new system, but now I'm not so sure.  HELP please?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 30th, 2011 15:00

Samantha2,

Malware on a computer is never good news.

Try reading...

Please Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help then post for help in the DELL Malware Removal Forum.

Once the computer has the malware removed, then you can try running  Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

You can then install the printer with the printer disk. You should get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on)

Links to the patch and XP drivers(if needed), can be found at...

Dell 720 Color Inkjet Printer owners thread (W7)

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 23rd, 2011 17:00

Samantha2,

Dell Dimension 3000 Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit?

What type of virus protection are you using?

Rick

8 Posts

April 30th, 2011 14:00

32bit, I think.    I'm supposed to have Norton, which came "with" NetZero.    iYogi also had installed Malware on my system, but I'm not familiar with that software.

Any help is appreciated.

8 Posts

April 30th, 2011 15:00

I have Windows XP, not Windows 7.    Does this make a difference?    I'm sorry for being to new at this, but I'm a senior citizen and don't know where to turn.

Thanks.

8 Posts

May 29th, 2011 16:00

HELLO!    My hello is in CAPS because I'm dancing on my toes - I have my printer back !!!!!!   Dear PudgyOne you are terrific!    Why couldnt iYogi solve this problem????   It has taken me quite awhile to get to doing what you suggested - in the meantime, I had such faith that I went ahead and ordered 2 new ink cartridges for my 720.   Now that the printer is up and running, the current ink cartridges are dry dry dry..............but still fainly visible.   The "screen" shows the cartridges are 3/4 full but I can't get them to print, so will have to wait for new ones to arrive.   THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND!!!

8 Posts

May 29th, 2011 19:00

iYogi is the outfit that answered my phonecall back in January when I thought I was calling Dell Support.  The number posted on the Dell Website let me straight to "iYogi", with all techs located in India.   They never were able to connect my printer back - all they talked about were how may viruses they found and for $239 they would make everything good again.  After 9 hours of getting nowhere and 3 months, I finally had smarts to look further on the Dell Website and found the "Community" , etc.    THANK GOD.   I'll never get my $239 back, but I did find the Forum and YOU!.   LOL and Thanks again.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 29th, 2011 19:00

Samantha2,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. Have a GREAT Holiday weekend.

Take care,

Rick

Who's iYogi?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 29th, 2011 20:00

Samantha2,

What virus protection are you using?

Did you try downloading Malwarebytes Anti-Malware update it and do a quick scan? Remove anything it finds and report back here if it finds anything.

Rick

8 Posts

June 1st, 2011 20:00

Sorry for delay in answering.    I have Norton for virus protection.    Can I attach something  to send you -- from the "Security History" so you can see what it says?   I don't understand most of it, but it looks like Norton found a lot, since March 2011.   I couldn't run your Anti-Malware software because my old Dell is limping along.   Now that I received ink for my printer, next thing I need to order (so I'm told) is more memory - 2 of the 1gB memory cards.   Then maybe I can run your Anti-malware software.  Is that ok?   Tks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 2nd, 2011 02:00

Samantha2,

Click HERE, in the right column, you'll see send message. Send me a message and we can communicate privately.

Rick

8 Posts

June 4th, 2011 12:00

Thanks.   I've sent you the msword doc with the screen pics of the 'security history'.    Let me know what you think.

Samantha2

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 5th, 2011 16:00

Samantha2,

Sorry for the delay. My weekend to work and I finally came back to life.

I would say to Please Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help and then follow the instructions and post in the DELL Malware Removal Forum I think you have some type of infection.

Rick

No Events found!