Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 31st, 2012 11:00

Dell 926 AIO need OCR SOFTWARE

I have a Dell 926 AIO I am trying to scan a document to word but i am getting the message about the OCR software needing to be installed. I have had the printer for a few years now and I don't have the CD is there someplace else that I can download that software?

1.8K Posts

August 31st, 2012 12:00

Hi Bigyac683, 

OCR is a part of printer driver in Dell AIO 926.

You need to first uninstall the printer from the Control Panel and then reinstall the printer driver. Follow the steps below to uninstall printer driver:

• Click on Start/Windows logo on desktop.
  • Go to 'Control Panel'.
  • If you have Windows XP ; go to 'Add or Remove programs' or If you have Windows Vista/7; go to 'Programs or Features'.
  • Click on AIO 926 printer.
  • Uninstall it.
  • Restart your computer.

Once the printer driver is uninstalled, please click on the link below:

http://dell.to/OGgF7j  

Please select the Operating System from the drop down menu.  

Click on the link and download the printer driver.

Steps to download drivers are: 

Click on 'Download File'>> click "Download Now' >>Click 'Continue' on the Application prompt >> If you get a User Account Control prompt, click Yes >> Click 'OK' on Select the folder where you want to unzip the files to( Make a note of the folder location)>> Click 'Yes' on the next prompt for folder does not exist>> Click "OK' on All files were successfully unzipped>> Follow the steps on screen to install the printer driver. 

Note: If you do not get the prompt to follow the instructions, manually browse to location and double click on set up file.

Follow the onscreen instructions to install printer driver.

Hope it works for you.

Please reply in case you have further questions.

2 Posts

August 31st, 2012 15:00

I did that twice already and It still gives me the same message. It comes up in a dialog box and it says the OCR software application is on the CD.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 1st, 2012 14:00

bigyac683,

Do you have the printer disk?

Rick

No Events found!