Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 31st, 2010 15:00

Dell 926 Printing Problem - Unwanted Cartridge Realingment

Evey Time I start a print job my Dell 926 All in One printer starts to realign the cartriges. This of course is a complete waste of ink and time. I have tried to find a setting that may have something to do with this but can not. Does anyone have a solution?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 31st, 2010 16:00

malefoxx,

You are using Dell Series 9 ink cartridges, correct?

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds. Plug everything back in. This will reset any error messages the printer has.

Power on the printer. Open the printer and take out the Dell Series 9 Black cartridge. make sure all the tape is off the cartridge and put the cartridge back in. Now do the same for the Dell Series 9 color cartridge.

You are using Dell Series 9 ink cartridges, correct?

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

Black cartridge = black side(left side)          Color cartridge = color side(right side)

Photo cartridge = black side(left side)          Color cartridge = color side(right side) 

It is possible to get a Dell Series 9 cartridge with a bad sensor. Contact the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

No Events found!