Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 22nd, 2009 12:00

Dell 926 printer and 3300 printer adapter

I have recently connected my dell 926 printer and my 3300 printer adapter. It was working fine but now I am getting messages saying the "Printer Communication System stopped working and was closed, A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available." I have been getting this when I boot up my computer or when I try to print. Please Help.

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 22nd, 2009 15:00

Tanya,

Since youhad it working before, just try turning the power off on your Linksys router and your ISP modem/router and the 3300 and your 936 printer for 30 seconds. Then turn them all back on and try to connect.

After you connect, what happens?

Your old instructions are located HERE.

Rick

21 Posts

June 24th, 2009 20:00

I have unplugged everything and brought everything up again after a few minutes and it still giving me that message that I have lost communication.

I did all of the steps again and still getting the message. When I went on our Nintendo Wii game I noticed that it had lost communication with the internet (router) as well, so I think maybe the problem IS with the router. But I do have it configured to the steps you gave me. But I don't know, that's why Im asking.

Tanya

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 24th, 2009 21:00

Tanya,

Can you see your wireless network showing when you look at the available networks?

Rick

21 Posts

June 25th, 2009 09:00

Rick,

Yes. My Laptop never loses communication with the router. I just get that message on the laptop about the printer and router have stopped communicating.

Tanya

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 25th, 2009 17:00

Tanya,

Did you update the firmware in your wireless router?

Are you using mixed mode and channel 11?

Rick

21 Posts

June 25th, 2009 19:00

Rick

Yes, I did update the firmware and it is on channel 11

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 25th, 2009 21:00

WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security (Personal) and mixed mode?

Rick

21 Posts

June 25th, 2009 22:00

Rick

They are Mixed Mode,  chennel 11, WPA Personal TKIP

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 25th, 2009 22:00

With those settings, the only time I would lose my communications was during an electrical storm. I would power off my isp modem/router, my wireless router, the 3300 and the printer for 30 seconds, then turn everything back on.

I would also restart my computer and I was always able to connect. It was always an issue when there was a power flicker.

Try this setting, too.

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager). Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

21 Posts

June 26th, 2009 11:00

Rick

Since I have Windows Vista.....go to device manager and then go to Network Adapters and click Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-card click advanced tab and enable Minimum Power Consumption?   

Will I see changes when I do this? Will the laptop run differently? So when I see that message about loosing communication I should just shut everything down and restart everything. Same with the Nintendo Wii.

Tanya

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 26th, 2009 13:00

Tanya,

Restart anything that was having connection issues.

The instructions I gave you were...

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager). Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

21 Posts

June 26th, 2009 16:00

Rick

The only thing I have in my device manager is Network adapters and If I click on that there are two things Broadcom Integrated Controller and Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card

And I dont have a My Computer I only have a Computer in Windows Vista

Tanya

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 26th, 2009 19:00

Tanya,

Right click on both of them, one at a time, left click properties, power management and uncheck the box, allow windows to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

21 Posts

June 26th, 2009 21:00

Rick

I did the one for the Broadcom 440x 10/100 integrated Controller and unchecked the power management but for the Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card there the second one there is NOT a tab for power management which is my whole point.

Tanya

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 27th, 2009 00:00

Tanya,

I would think there should be one for the 1390, under properties power management.

Rick

No Events found!