Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

May 31st, 2014 09:00

Dell 942 All in One prints ok but scans poorly

My printer prints absolutely fine but when it comes to copying or to scanning about a quarter of the length of the page is missing. I have cleaned the scanner glass, run the clean cartridges routine (which prints just fine). Can anyone suggest what to do next? Tx

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 1st, 2014 23:00

jes2014,

Can you copy a document under the glass? Black and white and color? Does the complete page copy?

When you scan, do you use the printer or open the Dell All-In-One Center? Make sure the settings are at 100% and the proper paper size is selected.

Rick

12 Posts

June 2nd, 2014 01:00

Rick,

I was scanning and also tried copying from black and white original to black and white, yes the settings are to 100% and to A4 paper ( and from A4 paper) and I tried both the Dell Centre and the controls from the machine

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 3rd, 2014 20:00

jes2014,

Open the Dell All-In-One Center. Click on scanning and copying, then click on see more scan settings.

Make sure it's set at 100%. I cannot remember if there's a setting for scan to A4 paper size. I sometimes used something dark at the very edge of the document(farthest edge) so the scanner recognized there was more to the document.

Rick

No Events found!