Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

April 26th, 2012 19:00

Dell 946 printer stopped working

Hello all,

I would really appreciate anyone's help on this: I was in the middle of scanning a document when I got an error message (I don't remember what exactly it said) but my scanning process stopped. I clicked on the button to send the error to Dell and I tried the suggestions on the pop up screen that showed up - powered off printer, unplugged usb, unplugged power chord. I tried to scan several times but it didn't work. All of a sudden, my printer just went off. I unplugged the chord again, removed the power pack at the back but my printer still won't come on. The blue light on the power pack is on but the printer itself is still not coming on. I have also plugged the printer into different outlets and it still won't come on.

I just called Dell tech support and my printer is no longer on a warranty. I was told I would have to pay to talk to them and if I paid to get a diagnosis there's no guarantee my printer would be fixed. I am so upset that I was aksed to pay to talk to tech support - I've never heard of this before. Well that's not my main issue right now. Has anyone ever experienced their printer just not working? I don't use the printer frequently in fact I had just turned it on after 2 months of no use and it printed the document I needed and scanned half of what I needed before the problems started. Please help!!!!!!!!! I would really appreciate any suggestions/help.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 26th, 2012 19:00

dellownah,

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds. This will reset any error message the printer is getting.

Rick

2 Posts

April 26th, 2012 21:00

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your response. I did what you suggested several times and the printer still won't power on.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 26th, 2012 22:00

dellownah,

If the printer does not come on, then I'm afraid the computer has malfunctioned. Sounds like it's time for a new printer.

Rick

No Events found!