Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

November 26th, 2012 22:00

Dell 962 All In One Photo Printer does not print black ink

I purchased this printer at least five years ago, then I sold it to a friend who has not been able to get it to work properly ever since. I sold it at least 4 years ago. The printer prints fuzzy pictures and it doesn't print black at all. My friend purchased brand new ink for it when I sold it. I told her it is probably old ink (since it's been 4 years) or it could be a bad print head. When I cleaned off the printhead and all around where the ink is, the rag was very dirty with lots of black ink. Perhaps the black ink has leaked over time. If anyone has a clue what to do, please let me know.

13 Posts

November 27th, 2012 09:00

I have already done those things. After the alignment page prints, the printer reads that there is an error in alignment. The alignment page only prints in blue ink, but when I complete the cleaning, it prints in all colors.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

November 27th, 2012 09:00

Hi jouwhoo,

Please try aligning and cleaning the ink cartridges. follow the below mentioned steps to align the ink cartridges:

1. Load paper in the paper support.
  2. Click Start>All Programs>Dell Printers>Dell Photo AIO Printer 962>Dell Printer Solution center.
  3. Click Maintenance tab.
  4. Click Align to fix blurry edges.
  5. Click Print.

The ink cartridges will align and an alignment page will be printed.

To clean the ink cartridge nozzles:

1. Load the paper.
  2. Click Start>All Programs>Dell Printers>Dell Photo AIO Printer 962>Dell Printer Solution center.
  3. Click the Maintenance tab.
  4. Click Clean to fix horizontal streaks.
  5. Click Print.
  6. When the page prints it forces ink through the clogged nozzles to clean them.
  7. Print your document again to verify the improved print quality.

If you are not satisfied with the print quality, wipe the ink cartridge nozzles, print head with a lint free cloth to remove all the excessive ink and then print your document again.

If the issue persists, the print needs to be replaced.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 27th, 2012 12:00

jouwhoo,

Are you using a Dell Series 5 ink cartridge?

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the printer for 60 seconds. This will reset any error message the printer is getting. Plug the printer back in.

Turn on the printer. Open up the printer and take out the black cartridge and reseat it. Do the same for the color cartridge. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page. Any error messages?

If you still get the error message, then it's possible that the sensor in the Dell Series 5 ink cartridge is bad. If this is a new Dell Series 5 ink cartridge, then take it back to the place of purchase for a replacement or refund.

black = black side(left)                               color = color side(right)

photo cartridge = black side(left               color = color side(right)

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to purchase a Dell Series 5 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. Please take it back to the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

No Events found!