Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 15th, 2012 16:00

Dell 962 Printer Jam

The Dell 962 printer manual instructs me how to clear a paper jam.  However the paper jams every time a print is commanded, thus a print cannot be made.  I need advice on how to prevent a paper jam.  I use the correct paper, properly installed in the tray and the printer is level.  The jam occurs when the paper has reached the final set of feed rollers.  All the rollers are positioned correctly (previously one roller had cocked, causing a jam, which I fixed by positioning the roller correctly).  Now the jam persists and it appears all rollers are correctly positioned.  When I removed the two gangs of final feed rollers a jam still occurred which indicated that the final feed rollers are not the problem.  The initial feed out of the paper tray appears correct. Please advise of possible discrepancies which might be the cause of the jams.

From Brian Young

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 16th, 2012 17:00

Brian Young,

Unplug the printer from the wall, then remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds. This will reset any error messages the printer is getting.

Some members have taken this time to turn the printer upside down and shake for 30 seconds. Other members have tried using a vacuum cleaner and get inside and clean out any pieces that may be inside.

They then plugged everything back in and some have had sucess.

Rick

No Events found!