Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 12th, 2014 10:00

Dell 968w Not Working with Windows 7

I have followed the instructions on the 968w Owners thread (http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3528/t/19306977.aspx), tried a few of my own approaches, but nothing seems to work.

• Dell Wireless set up (from latest driver download) results in incomplete printing - printer stops after 1/3 of a page.
  • Windows Install Printer process does yields the same result
  • Firmware update installation seems to stall (How long should it take for the 968w to re-start? 10 minutes with no feedback seems like a long time.)

Specs:

• Toshiba Satellite C55-A laptop
  • Windows 7 64-bit Home Premiere
  • Dell 968w
  • Asus RT-N56U Router

Help, please.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 12th, 2014 12:00

Daroo07410,

The procedure has changed since the owners thread was created. Was the printer on your network already connected? If yes, add it as an additional computer.

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed.
Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on).

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 968 & 968w All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

In the December batch of Windows Updates, Microsoft installed Internet Explorer 11. IE11 had been causing printer problems.

Open Internet Explorer, click on Help, then click on About Internet Explorer. It should show the version there. If you have IE11, then go to control panel, Windows Update, Installed Updates, look for Internet Explorer 11. Click on Internet Explorer 11, uninstall.

Restart the computer, when prompted. Then see if your printer works.

Rick

30 Posts

March 12th, 2014 12:00

NOTE: this issue is also posted here:http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3528/t/19565745.aspx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have followed the instructions in this thread (http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3528/t/19306977.aspx), and tried a few of my own approaches, but nothing seems to work.

• Dell Wireless set up (from latest driver download) results in incomplete printing - printer stops after 1/3 of a page.
  • Windows Install Printer process does yields the same result
  • Firmware update installation seems to stall (How long should it take for the 968w to re-start? 10 minutes with no feedback seems like a long time.)

Specs:

• Toshiba Satellite C55-A laptop
  • Windows 7 64-bit Home Premiere
  • Dell 968w
  • Asus RT-N56U Router

Help, please.

No Events found!