Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 22nd, 2009 18:00

Dell A920 All In One

I have spent several hours trying to get a Dell A920 All In One Printer to work on all levels on a Windows Vista machine....

I have followed all the steps of updating windows (java and .net)...i ran the patch to remove all dell software....installed drivers.....

Where I am at now is that the Dell A920 will print, but none of the scanning will work....

If I try to start the Dell All In One Printer software, I get a AOIC.exe will not work message, therefore the software will not start......

A couple of questions....when I first diagnosed the laptop, I noticed the printer spooler was stopped, and when I tried to start it, I noticed the LEXBCES was a dependency and not working....when i tried to start the LEXBCES, it stated file not found....I was able to remove the dependency from the print spooler and disable the LEXBCES server, and now at least the print function works.....

Any opinions on how to resolve this?  is the lexbces service crucial to the software? can anyone specifically state that this dell a920 printer will fully work with windows vista?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 23rd, 2009 00:00

geekfella,

Lexbces is a part of the printer and is needed for the printer to work. Try following the instructions as I have them and let me know what happens. I am guessing you are connected using a USB Cable and there are a few issues with a few computers, so it you could give me the make and model of the printer and operating system it may also be a slight problem.

Go to Windows Updates and get all the latest Updates, especially net framework(custom update). Net framework is needed for most applications to run. Also make sure to have the latest Java.

Restart your computer. Now follow the instructions below.

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch until it prompts you to restart your computer. It sometimes takes a little while.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

Vista 64-bit drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on)

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Update list of applications to send scans to

Rick

No Events found!