Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 30th, 2011 13:00

Dell A940: Blue Ink/Colour

Hello:  I installed two "new" Dell cartridges to do some photo printing.  During the printing of the first photo the printing became pink/red about half way through.  Ever since then the test pages, cleaning pages have no blue.  Uninstalled and reinstalled software; did not solve problem.  I'm thinking it may be a mechanical or communications issue.  If it can be "easily" fixed I'm for it.  Trying to avoid buying a new printer.  Any suggestions?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 30th, 2011 13:00

irishlager,

Sounds like you got a bad Dell Series 2 ink cartridge. Contact the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

3 Posts

March 30th, 2011 14:00

Hi Rick.... Well as much as I don't like the idea of "two" bad cartridges the 3rd worked properly.  Thank you.  :emotion-5:  Mark

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Mark,

I usually don't keep ink cartridges at my home. When I get the low ink message, I then order online from Dell. It gets here in 3 days and that's usually enough time for me.

Contact the place of purchase for replacements.

Rick

3 Posts

Hi Rick.  Thank you for the quick response.  In the process of troubleshooting myself I did put another cartridge in.  Could the whole group be bad?

No Events found!