Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 16th, 2009 18:00

Dell AIO 920 Vista 64-bit - need scan driver

The Dell tech who was trying to help me share this printer (unsuccessfully) with my XP laptop, installed only the printer driver for the 920 and the All In One app is nowhere to be found.  I know I need to uninstall the existing driver, but can anyone direct me to the patch to uninstall the 64 bit driver? And then refresh my memory on downloading and installing the drivers I need?

Any help on sharing the printer (which is connected to the Vista 64 PC) with the XP laptop would be appreciated too.  I'm tried many times and still can't get it to work.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 17th, 2009 01:00

dbragas,

Follow the instructions below and then let me know what happens. Using the patch is a MUST on Vista machines.

Go to Windows Updates and get all the latest Updates, especially net framework(custom update). Net framework is needed for most applications to run. Also make sure to have the latest Java.

Restart your computer. Now follow the instructions below.

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

Vista 64-bit drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on)

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

4.6K Posts

February 16th, 2009 23:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

You should really stick with tech support, until they help you resolve the problem to your satisfaction :emotion-55:

In the meantime, you don't need to uninstall the 64bit drivers.

You should've received a Drivers/Software CD with the printer?  Simply stick it in the optical drive, and it should autoplay - presenting options to install the drivers and software for the printer?

If you don't have a CD, you can at least get drivers for the A920 here :emotion-55:

I don't know if the file will also include any specific printer software as well though?

Finally... you can get all the drivers for your system, from the 'Support --> Drivers & Downloads' section on the Dell website :emotion-5:

2 Posts

February 18th, 2009 11:00

PudgyOne - this worked like a charm. Thanks so much! 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 18th, 2009 13:00

dbragas,

Thanks for posting back. Could you mark the verify answer(s) that helped you solve your problem, so if someone else searches the forums, they can see what you did to fix your problem(s).

Thanks,

Rick

5 Posts

February 22nd, 2009 12:00

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! This worked and was exactly what I needed. I tried many things from using the original cd and downloading regular drivers and nothing would work to recognize my printer on the 64bit Vista. I did every step from the beginning, using the uninstall tool and it all worked like a charm!!!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 22nd, 2009 16:00

wargo1et,

I see you did your homework, GREAT Job! :emotion-21: Gald you got everything working.

Rick

2 Posts

February 23rd, 2009 11:00

Hi Rick,

Dell tech support showed me the Vista 64-bit driver for the A920 and it's never worked quite right. I can print, but the buttons on top of the printer don't work. I tried your procedure, but unfortunately got the same results.  At the very end of the installation, I get an error, "Print Status Window Interface has stopped working". I see other people got your procedure to work, so either their buttons also don't work or I'm doing something wrong. Ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 23rd, 2009 14:00

sf1,

Steve,

Make and model of your computer would be helpful and Vista 64-bit, correct?

Rick

2 Posts

February 23rd, 2009 15:00

Dell Studio XPS, core i7, vista 64-bit, a920 printer

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 23rd, 2009 16:00

sf1,

There were issues with theses items, maybe you have one of these.

Dell Studio™ 1536 Is Unable to Print Documents and uninstall NVIDIA's Network Access Manager

Rick

4 Posts

April 14th, 2009 15:00

Hello!  I need help!  Need to be able to print badly!

I have Vista 64-bit O/S.  I have a Dell AIO 922 printer.

I followed the above instructions:

*  Get latest Java & install

*  Disconnect USB for printer

*  Execute Dell Cleanup Utility

*  Restart PC

The Dell download site only has a driver for 32-bit AIO 922 printer.  Where can I get a 64-Bit version?

Appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks,

Alicia

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 14th, 2009 16:00

Alicia,

If you read the second post(the verified answer) you'll see the Vista 64-bit drivers.

Rick

4 Posts

April 14th, 2009 16:00

Thanks for the response.

Forgot to mention that I tried the 64-bit version for AIO 920 (R153048).  Myproblem is that the install cannot detect my AIO 922 printer even when connected and turned on.  Vista could detect it but not the R153048 install.

So I tried the 32-bit version for AIO 922 (R151371).  The install detected my AIO 922 printer and completed.  However, I still could not connect to the printer.   This is the reason I was looking for the 64-bit version for AIO 922 (not for AIO 920 which I already tried.)

Appreciate it!

Alicia

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 14th, 2009 17:00

Alicia,

Sorry all the 900 numbers look alike after a while.

Please make a new post and I'll provide the proper patch, drivers, etc that you need. I don't like mixing printers, patches, firmware as if the wrong firmware gets installed, the printer can become a giant paperweight.

Thanks,

Rick

No Events found!