Rhett.Midler
1 Nickel

Re: Dell AIO 924 driver solution for windows 7

Jump to solution

Hi CRITICEYE

I have the same problem, please tell me if you solved, I temporarily solve using the Virtual PC program that you can use windows xp on your win 7 ... there you can install the printer and print normally, free download here http://www.taringa.net/posts/downloads/6487749/Virtual-XP-_VXP_-para-Windows-7.html

Is there an rignt answer for the problem? Can you share it with us?
0 Kudos
Maxx0529
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I need help. I went to the section of Dell support that has the link for the Vista 64 bit driver, I downloaded it and when I went to open it , it says No files to download. but like I said before  I went to Drivers and Downloads clicked on 64bit blah blah blah it gave me the option to Save File (but no choice where I wanted to save it to) and its on my downloaded list and everything. Any advice? Btw I use Mozilla Firefox if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance

emoticon.BigSmile.title

0 Kudos
PudgyOne
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Maxx0529,

Dell's Drivers & Downloads does NOT like Mozilla Firefox, unless you use IE Tab :: Firefox Add-ons

How to by-pass the Dell Download Manager and use Internet Explorer to download the drivers.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
penulfid
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks all for the clear instructions !

After hours of trying, finally it works !!!! Nice Christmas present !

Thanks a million, Boai, you gave the final touch !!!

First follow all instruction given by Rick to uninstall all previous installations.

Then click on the link to the DELL download center & Download file Vista 64-bit drivers

Before unzipping the R148157 file, make sure to chose Compatibility Mode : Vista and execute with Administrator privilege

When the file is unzipped, it creates a Folder “drivers” under C drive.

In the Folder “c:\drivers\printer\924\drivers\Win_XP2K” there will be different files named “english”.

For any english files that you will find, just copy the content of those files, and paste in a new file named by your system language (e.g. french).

In the previous post, Boai had to create 2. I had to create 3 under “common”, “i386”, and “x64”.

When the printer is installed, it runs a kind of « second round » with the second language and at the end, the Dell suggestion for a test page !!!!

Thanks again & Merry Christmas

0 Kudos
gavinfla
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I got it to work. I tried all the compatibility tip from these post but they didn't work for me. I had given up and uninstalling it all and be done with it. Than I decided to try it one more time. This time I tried it with out all that incompatibility stuff and installed normal, plugged in my USB cable, the installation started when it finished, went to the printer preference, than the maintance tab I saw the tank levels showing (good sign), click on test page button. The can't communicate popped up, turned off the printer, pressed continue, same popup, unplugged the USB and back in, pressed continue again and success!, tried printing some pictures than some webpages all good.

Hope this helps

Cheers

0 Kudos
earringfan
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Rick, This solution was perfect as I just installed Windows 7. I have a home network and have the AIO 924 hard wired to a desktop but want to be able to print from other PC's. When I try to add the printer on the other PC's it's asking for the driver but I can't seem to find the file it's asking for. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
PudgyOne
6 Indium

Jump to solution

earringfan,

Did you try using the drivers from Dell 924 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7), choose network and select the proper selection?

Try reading...

Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP this works both ways

File and Print Sharing in Vista (Thanks to mombodog)

Sharing a printer through a wireless network

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
Renee.Suvari
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Something error occurs when opening the link, Is the link invalid?
0 Kudos
CriticEye
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi smitten00, sorry for the late reply, I lostr track of all emails about this post. Hopefully you found the solution of Boai at 10-30-2010 useful.

I gave up on Dell and bought a Canon MG5250. Works great! The Dell AIO 924 is back in the box. Think I will sell it on eBay to an XP-user, since it is as good as new.

I will never recommend a Dell printer to anyone who likes to keep his system up-to-date! emoticon.No.title

0 Kudos
Highlighted
elSean
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Rick,

I hope you can help me, like you have all the others.  I've already followed your standard help message and I'm pleased to say I've installed the drivers and software on my new Lenovo Win 7 laptop.  The problems is that when I try to print a test page on my 924 connected via usb to my Dell desktop which is connected to my router by lan cable and of course my laptop is connected to to the router wirelessly, I get a connection error.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and all have the same result.  The laptop and destop are networked correctly as file sharing works both ways and there are no problems with the printer connection.  Are you able to help?

Sean

0 Kudos