golferbrill
1 Nickel

Dell AIO 924 printer

Jump to solution

My AIO 924 printer has stopped scanning and copying in recent weeks.I have tried disconnecting and uninstall and reinstall and no luck. It will print. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

RE: Dell AIO 924 printer

Jump to solution

Steve,

Do you have the printer disk? If yes, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Then try reading...

Update list of applications to send scans to

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Jump to solution

golferbrill,

Does this printer work without being attached to a computer, like a copying machine?

Run Delete Print Jobs then restart the computer.

Do you have ABBYY FineReader 6.0 Sprint installed?

What virus program and firewall are you using?

Rick

#DellRockstar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
golferbrill
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Yes it does copy without being connected. I am running Avast  and windows firewall

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

golferbrill,

Follow the procedure below to reinstall the printer.

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed.
Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on).

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 924 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Avast should not be a problems, when printing.

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
golferbrill
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

How do I open as administrator. I click on open as and the screen run as pops up. I have done it before on my router and they told me to leave username blank and ADMIN in the password but it didn't work on this.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

golferbrill,

XP machines, there is no run as administrator, just run as(if you're not an unrestricted user)

Vista, Windows 7/8/8.1 right click on setup, left click, properties, check the compatibility tab and run in the Vista SP2 compatibility mode.

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
golferbrill
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Rick

I got it to print and copy as for scanning.Not yet. How do I get it listed in the start menu? Hopefully I get it there maybe I can do the things I am suppose to. Thanks for your help. You haven't failed me in getting printer problems solved Have  great week.

Steve

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Steve,

Do you have the printer disk? If yes, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Then try reading...

Update list of applications to send scans to

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos