Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 27th, 2008 05:00

Dell AIO 926 failing to print

Hello all,

I am having some problems with a new AIO 926 and was hoping someone could shed some light. We upgraded from a Lexmark 3300 series (hardware failure). A new usb cable was purchased along with the 926. I removed the old lexmark drivers, software, etc. rebooted and then followed the instructions for setting up the new printer.

I was able to print the test page when prompted during the setup process. But when I return to windows (notepad, word) nothing prints. The printer icon flashes briefly in the task bar and then disappears. None of the jobs are listed in the queue. When I try running a Print Test Page it immediately pops up that the Test Failed.

Oddly enough, the scan feature works (both through the AIO software and the printer scan-to menu).

System info:

Dell Dimension 2400 (I think?)

Windows XP SP2

McAfee AV

Dell A-I-O 926 w/ USB cable

What I've tried:

Disconnecting, removing all related software/drivers, reinstalling new drivers and firmware from Dell.com.

Checked that Exceptions were listed as needed in Windows Firewall.

Thanks for your time!

Message Edited by lukep on 04-27-2008 01:31 AM

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 27th, 2008 08:00

What you need to do is disconnect your printer. Download this patch and have it completely remove the printer. Mke sure the printer is removed in add/remove programs. Restart your computer.

Now go to drivers and downloads/select product/printers/select your printer. Download drivers and firmware.

Install your printer drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect it.

Then install the firmware.

Scanning

If using USB connection, the open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanninjg and copying and scan from there.

If scanning wirelessly, then use the scan button on the printer.

15 Posts

April 27th, 2008 15:00

Thank you for the reply. I have followed those steps and there has still been no changes.
No Events found!