Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 2nd, 2013 12:00

Dell AIO 926 printer windows 8 compatible?

Is there a driver that will work with this printer yet.. I have searched but haven't seen any answers yes or no??

August 2nd, 2013 14:00

Hi jsprauer,

Once you have gone to R150575 folder and opened it, you should see all these files as below:

Right click on the setup file that I have highlighted in the picture above, and then click on properties. Once you have clicked on properties, you should get a window like this below:

Now once you are in compatibility tab, you can make the following changes and then run the setup file to install the printer driver.

Hope this helps

August 2nd, 2013 12:00

Hi jsprauer,

Dell has not tested this printer with Windows 8, but there is a work around that we can try. The steps are as follows:

To install the driver, make sure you have unplugged the printer from the computer.

Download the driver for this printer by clicking here (the driver is of windows 7 but it works with windows 8) . Once the driver is downloaded run it and it will ask you to extract the files. So click on continue, then Yes then OK, whatever comes up on the screen and then after sometime it will say "You have successfully extracted the files". If the setup runs automatically then close it or exit out of it.

Next, open My Computer ---> double click on C drive ---> double click on Dell folder ---> double click on driver folder ----> double click on R150575 folder ---> then you will see a file named 'setup' it should be an executable file (with extension.exe) . Right click on that setup file and click properties; a new small window will open up. Now go to 'Compatibility tab' and click on it ---> Put a check mark on 'Run this program in compatibility mode for' and select windows 7 from the drop down menu below ---> then also put a check mark on 'Run this program as administrator' below on that same window. Now click Apply and then OK.

Then double click on the setup file and run the installation and follow instructions. During installation it might ask you to plug the printer, so make sure you have powered on the printer before connecting the usb cable to the computer.

I'm pretty much sure it should work. Try and print something. Hope this helps. Reach out to me here if you have any other queries.

4 Posts

it states Windows XP not 7 in the link you directed me to

4 Posts

I did it anyways there are 2 set up icons in the driver folder but not .exe

4 Posts

no compatability tab to go to??

1 Message

September 30th, 2013 07:00

Worked perfectly. Thanks so much.

1 Message

January 16th, 2014 15:00

Thank you so much. I have windows 8 on my new Inspiron 660 and your instructions worked perfectly. My Dell printer 926 is working great! :)

1 Message

March 25th, 2014 07:00

It worked perfectly on my windows 8 laptop. Thanks so much! I thought I would have to buy another printer.

2 Posts

July 15th, 2014 10:00

Is there a driver that will work with this printer yet.. I have searched but haven't seen any answers yes or no??

2 Posts

September 24th, 2014 20:00

jsprauer

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 25th, 2014 09:00

bbnorris,

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 8 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 88 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on).

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 926 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications. If you did not install any, Windows Defender is the default. Try reading...

Allow Printer past Microsoft Essentials/Windows Defender

Rick

No Events found!