Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

January 10th, 2010 17:00

Dell AIO 944 Printer

Does anyone know how to download and install the Dell AIO 944 printer software so I can find and use the Dell AIO center to print photos?  I've tried all the suggestions and used the Dell AIO 944 disk that came with my first computer and I still can't find the Dell AIO center.  I am now using Windows Vista 32-bit Service Pack 2.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?  Sarah 2

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 10th, 2010 17:00

Sarah2,

Try reinstalling the printer using the instructions locate at...

944 All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Then tell me what happens. The Dell All-In-One Center is with the drivers.

Rick

10 Posts

January 11th, 2010 16:00

Dear Rick:  Sorry it took me so long to reply, but I still haven't fixed my Dell AIO 944 Printer.  Should I delete the printer and all the old files from the previous downloads and

installations, or what?  When I tried to download the files again, all I downloaded was the Dell Clean-up Utility on my Desktop and I haven't found the Dell AIO Center yet.

Anymore suggestions?  Thanks, Sarah 2

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 11th, 2010 17:00

Sarah2,

Make and model of your computer would be helpful. All I know is that you have Vista 32-bit.

The basics are...

Disconnect your printer.

Uninstall your printer. Running the patch (a printer cleanup utility) helps to make sure it's removed. The patch MUST be run on Vista machines. Restart your computer when prompted.

Install the Vista 32-bit drivers ONLY. The driver package might just unzip and sit there. If this happens, then look for setup.exe and right click on it, then left click run as administrator. You should then see instructions to folloe to install your printer. When you see the message, the printer is not connected, connect the printer(powered on) at this time. Please use a 6ft or smaller USB cable.

10 Posts

January 11th, 2010 20:00

Dear Pudgy One:  I guess I forgot some important information, so I have an Inspiron 530S Dell Computer.  Thanks for the help. I'm going to do what you said and I will let you know what happens.  Sarah2

10 Posts

January 16th, 2010 14:00

Dear Pugdy One:  Thanks for the suggestions on the Dell AIO 944 Printer.  I have been busy with all the fixes and finally got the printer working, but never did find the Dell AIO Center, but printed some of my pictures anyway.That is until the color on the photos went to red and now  I have an alignment error on the LCD and can't align the cartridges with the paper, but I'll keept working on it.  Thanks again.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 17th, 2010 08:00

Sarah2,

Sounds like you have a bad Dell Series 5 ink cartridge. You should be able to lay the document on the glass and make a copy of it. B&W and color.

Please unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds. Now plug everything back in. This will reset any error messages the printer has. Now open the printer with the power on and the cartridges should go to the center to be replaced. Take out both Dell Series 5 ink cartridges and make sure the tape is off the cartridges and insert both back in and make sure the seat properly and latch. Close the printer and it should print an alignment page. If you still get the error message, please read bleow.

Black cartridge = black side(left side)           Color cartridge = Color side(right side)

Photo Cartridge = Black side(left side)         Color cartridge = Color side(right side)

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It is also possible to get a new ink cartridge with a bad sensor. Please take it to the place of purchase for a refund or a replacement one.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 19th, 2010 16:00

Sarah2,

I think if you now reinstall the printer, the drivers will install correctly and then you shouldn't have any problems.

Follow the instructions below and then tell me what happens.

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch until it prompts you to restart your computer. The patch MUST be run on Vista machines.

Restart your computer.

Download the Vista 32-bit Drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on)

***To install drivers, sometimes the file unzips and does nothing. You have to look for the setup.exe file, right click on it, then left click run as administrator***

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

10 Posts

February 19th, 2010 16:00

Dear Pudgy One:  I have done all of the steps above and I did have a bad ink cartridge, but it was old so Its my problem.  I installed a new ink cartridge and my photos printed just fine.  Thanks for the help.  Anymore suggestions on how to fix my Dell AIO 944 Printer that only prints when it wants to.  I have to restart my computer because the print queue won't clear the documents that didn't print.  I am currently using Windows Vista on my new computer, but can't wait to install another version of Windows like XP or 7.  This printer and Windows Vista is beginning to rattle my faith in Dell.  Sarah2

10 Posts

February 21st, 2010 12:00

Dear Pudgy One:  I wanted to let you know that I finally installed my Dell AIO Printer 944.  I'm not sure how I managed this, but it works now, so unless it stops working again I'm going to assume its installed with the drivers and software the printer needed to work correctly.  Thanks for the help.  Sarah2

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 21st, 2010 13:00

Sarah2,

I'm glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!