Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

June 6th, 2005 12:00

Dell AIO A940 Hardware Error 0502

I am having trouble with my printer.  A hardware error 00502 keeps showing up.  My cartridges are installed correctly.  I downloaded the latest driver updates.  I tried cleaning the nozzles, but it wouldn't finish.  Ink also runs when the printing jobs are attempted, but never actually finishes the job.  While it is attempting to print, the noises made sound like whatever is trying to move around is having a hard time and moving at a very forced attempt.  The encoder strip is apparently set correctly.  Does anyone know how to resolve this problem???

11 Posts

June 9th, 2005 19:00

502 is a carage error try reseating the encoder strip make sure it is flush with the back of the ink cartridge carrier. You can reseat it by sliding the strip down and letting it go back into the clips in the back of the carrier

569 Posts

June 9th, 2005 20:00

To be a little more specific. ;)

4 Posts

June 15th, 2005 02:00

I have actually tried this method before.  It didn't work for me.  Any other suggestions?

1 Message

June 27th, 2005 12:00

This error indicates that the carriage is dry. You can just clean the carriage shaft by wiping it with a cloth and lubricating it. This should solve your problem. I find that baby oil works best as it does not become sticky in time. Just a couple of drops should do the trick.

If this does not resolve the problem try replacing the encoder strip.

1 Message

October 3rd, 2006 09:00

I was getting the same error. Upon further investigation, the ink carterage (sp?) was a series 1 pn T0529. I put my series 2 pn 7Y743 back in and is worked. Now I need to figure out if I miss ordered or if it was a miss ship.

1 Message

August 7th, 2007 14:00

you know what I did to fix my problem? I threw it in the garbage and went out and bought an HP....I want to meet the guy who designed this stoopid Carriage Strip in the first place? almost impossible to put on from the start, then you have to work blind and try and get it on the back side of the print carriage? I dont think so.....garbage time....fire that designer and go buy an HP....
thanks, have a nice day
No Events found!