koalablue95
1 Nickel

Re: Dell AIO Photo 964 printer driver for W7 x64

Jump to solution

PudgyOne,

sorry, I have to report that the driver installation stills fails after strictly following your recommendation on my W7 x64 ultimate laptop.

The driver installation failures also occur, when I switch off:
- any internet connection
- temporarily the firewall and/or
- temporarily the anti virus protection of AVG2012
which means that the Windows firewall and the AVG virus protection software have no impact for a successful driver installation

Please let me know other expert resources concerning this special driver installation procedure; I would be happy to get a working solution from DELL.

Kind regards

Rudi

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Rudi,

Is the operating system installed, in English or another language?

Allow this program to run past AVG, it's not a trojan. Post back the information

• Download the System Information Tool If using Vista/Windows 7, the tool needs extracted. Once extracted, right click on sysinfo and run as administrator.

If using XP, double click on the tool, then double click on sysinfo.

Allow this past your virus program and post the information back here.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
koalablue95
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Rick,

my W7 x64 ultimate OS is a genuine Microsoft product as reported earlier.

It is an certified German W7 OS-version running in English.

Please send me links to download the correct driver version and/or of other professionals with recommendations of assistance.

Thank you

Rudi

P.S. concerning your "Sysinfo.exe" proposal; this program is not certified by AVG and classified as "Infection";"Trojan horse Dropper.Agent.MDJ"

we will not run it until it is officially AVG certified

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

koalablue95,

Can you run me an ipconfig /all log. Please do NOT translate it if it shows in German.

This will help me figure out how to install the drivers. I need to see something from a log of some type.

Rick

#DellRockstar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
koalablue95
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Rick,

kindly consider that I want to use my AIO964 as a local device for printing and scanning with a USB cable as before under Vista 32bit, not as a network device.

And, not wireless or with an ethernet network cable. So, I wonder why my IP configuration will help you.

I am looking forward to your reply. Thank you

Rudi

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Rudi,

I suspect your computer is in German but even thought you're using it in English. I will give you the procedure to fool your computer into thinking you have the German drivers installed.

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs from the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 64-bit drivers. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode You may or may not get a message to connect the printer.

Hit the Windows key and the R keys at the same time. Type...

C:\Program Files\Dell 964\Drivers

You should see an English folder there. Right click, new, create folder. Name the new folder German. Copy all the files in the English folder and paste them to the German folder.

Double click on the Vista 64-bit drivers and install again. There should be a message, then printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on.

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 964 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

The printer will work in English instead of German.

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
wwsmith111
1 Copper

Jump to solution

There isn't a driver for windows 7 as it is not supported.  But there is an easy workaround.  Download the driver but do not run it.  Right click on the driver name,  I think it is R146813.exe  A window pops up and then select "properties at the bottom.  Another window pops up and select the "Compatibility" tab.  Check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode"  and select Windows XP (service pack 3) in the pulldown box then select the "ok" button at the bottom.  Next run the program and it should install the driver just like it would in an XP machine.  You will have to plug the printer in at some point and it will say that part of the installation failed.  Ignore this and continue to install the Dell driver.  When it finishes installing, reboot the computer and all should work fine.  It did for me.  I tried everything else and nothing worked.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

wwsmith111,

R146813.exe is Vista 64-bit drivers and need installed in the Vista SP2 Compatibility mode

***To install drivers, sometimes the file unzips and does nothing. You have to look for the setup.exe file, right click on it, then left click run as administrator***

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos