Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 21st, 2012 10:00

Dell AIO Photo 964 printer driver for W7 x64

Hello,

I am looking for a printer driver to use my Dell AIO Photo 964 printer under Windows7 ultimate x64.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

koalablue95

1 Message

February 4th, 2013 10:00

There isn't a driver for windows 7 as it is not supported.  But there is an easy workaround.  Download the driver but do not run it.  Right click on the driver name,  I think it is R146813.exe  A window pops up and then select "properties at the bottom.  Another window pops up and select the "Compatibility" tab.  Check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode"  and select Windows XP (service pack 3) in the pulldown box then select the "ok" button at the bottom.  Next run the program and it should install the driver just like it would in an XP machine.  You will have to plug the printer in at some point and it will say that part of the installation failed.  Ignore this and continue to install the Dell driver.  When it finishes installing, reboot the computer and all should work fine.  It did for me.  I tried everything else and nothing worked.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 4th, 2013 11:00

wwsmith111,

R146813.exe is Vista 64-bit drivers and need installed in the Vista SP2 Compatibility mode

***To install drivers, sometimes the file unzips and does nothing. You have to look for the setup.exe file, right click on it, then left click run as administrator***

Rick

No Events found!