Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 6th, 2010 04:00

Dell AIO Photo Printer 964, theres not a correct Driver.

We have got a Dell AIO Photo 964 printer that worked well with our XPs. We had to format one XP, so all drivers got rubbed out. Now we have got that same XP and a Windows7, is there a Driver able for this printer at least to use it with the XP?

Looking forward for an answer,

Strake.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 6th, 2010 09:00

Strake,

Make and model of your computer and operating system. 32-bit or 64-bit.

How is your Dell 964 printer connected to your computer?

Rick

5 Posts

September 6th, 2010 13:00

The W7 is 64-bit and the XP is 32-bit.

I connect the printer with a USB.

Regards,

STK.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 6th, 2010 13:00

Strake,

Today's you lucky day. I had a Dell 964 Printer and I had it working with Windows 7 64-bit, so here's the instructions.

Disconnect the printer. Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the Vista 64-bit drivers(for Windows 7). Install the Vista 64-bit drivers in the Compatibility mode, you'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on) 

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 964 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Also try reading Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP, this works both ways. If you are consider printer sharing, Connect the printer to the host computer ahd set it up for sharing. Try installing the printer drivers, choose network on each machine and choose the proper selection.

Rick

5 Posts

September 6th, 2010 15:00

Thank you very much Rick, but, the problem is that I selected the "Download files from the Dell downloader", which just tells me: "Go to Drivers and downloads"(Which I don't know where it is).

How can I download files from Google Chrome?

Thank you for all,

Strake.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 6th, 2010 17:00

Strake,

Sorry, was busy. The Dell Download Manager seems to have issues. How to by-pass the Dell Download Manager Try downloading the drivers using Internet Explorer.

Rick

5 Posts

September 18th, 2010 06:00

Rick, I followed the instructions, but it still does not work. 

What do you recommend me?

Thank you for your attention,

Strake.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 18th, 2010 07:00

Strake,

Make sure you have Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox installed on your computer.

Try uninstalling Google Chrome and restart your computer. Now try downloading the drivers using Internet Explorer, in your browser.

Install the printer in the compatibility mode. You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on)

If this works, try the printer a few times, then download and reinstall Google Chrome. If the printer then stops working, Goggle Chrome may be the culprit, and needs to be reported to Google so they can correct it.

Rick

5 Posts

September 19th, 2010 07:00

The problem is not Google Chrome, I have downloaded all needed and followed the instructions, but it still does not work.

Thank you,

Strake.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 19th, 2010 15:00

Strake,

Sorry, I may have missed the one item.

Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP

Rick

No Events found!