Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 16th, 2010 18:00

Dell AIO946 Compatibility with Windows 7

I just got a computer with Win 7 and my AIO 946 won't print. The printer is recognized and says it's ready to go, but nothing prints. I am told that my 64-bit system needs a Windows vista driver to run the printer, but I have chatted to the guys in India ( he told me my printer was out of warranty and so he couldn't help me) and tried to even to get on with a sales associate to find out if I should buy a new printer and they are not answering (page won't load when clicking on the chat button on Dell.com). Can someone tell me how to find and download the Vista driver so I don't have to throw out a perfectly good AIO printer!!???

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 17th, 2010 03:00

nancyjean801,

Try following the instructions located at...

946 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

The trick is to install the Vista drivers in the compatibility mode.

Rick

May 29th, 2014 22:00

Hey Rick, it's me again. Just tried to print something and I'm having trouble. Every time I ask it to print, it gives me the dialog box, then just queues the job up and does nothing.

I just changed the ink cartridges and when I did it printed a test page, but now it won't print anything else and I tried re-seating the cartridges and it won't print a test page now. I got a fax earlier today and it printed fine, but now I get nothing.

I did notice that the last few times I bought cartridges from Dell, they've all had the protective label put on wrong--you know, the blue film that is supposed to protect the place where it connects to the printer? They've all been on backwards so that the computer part is exposed!

I have the original drivers disc. Do I need to reinstall them? Do I need updates? Please help! You helped me before and I know you probably know this.

Thanks, Nancy H.!!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 1st, 2014 22:00

Nancy,

Sorry for the delay, work.

Can you copy a document under the glass? Black and white and color?

What virus program and firewall are you using?

Rick

June 2nd, 2014 12:00

Yes, that part works fine. So does faxing.

June 2nd, 2014 12:00

Forgot to answer your other question: I use Eset Smart Security5.

Don't know what Firewall. I guess it's the same.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 3rd, 2014 20:00

Nancy,

Try reading...

Allow Printer past Eset NOD32

Rick

June 8th, 2014 12:00

I think a window is supposed to pop up when I click OK after Automatic mode with exceptions, but no window came up so I wasn't able to find the Rules And Zones area on any menu anywhere.

June 8th, 2014 14:00

I found the rules and zones window but I am getting an error message when trying to configure the IP address. It says An error occurred during port configuration. This operation is not supported.

I am going to try to install drivers at this point. Seems like that is always the problem.

June 8th, 2014 16:00

Rick,

I uninstalled my printer and then reinstalled it using the original disc and that seems to have worked for now. Thanks for all your help as usual. You are a life saver!

Nancy

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 9th, 2014 09:00

Nancy,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!