Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 2nd, 2010 07:00

Dell All In One 946 printing very light

Hi,

I have a Dell All in One 946 printer that is not printing right. Everytime I try to print (particularly in black) the print comes out really light. I check the cartridge in levels and they seem to be fine. The ink seems to be the worse when i print through the scanner or the ADF. I tried cleaning the cartridge through the printer setting, doing an alignment, and a print test. After the tests the black ink seems to be rich and dark but when i print from another source it comes out faint.

Any advice?

October 2nd, 2010 09:00

Hi,

Im using Dell series 8 ink. I can copy and print from the glass its just not coming out fully dark. Its coming out really light. All the tests I did with the printer passed. The black ink that was printed from the test was rich and dark,

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 2nd, 2010 09:00

SuperTrooper716,

Can you copy a document under the glass? B&W and color?

Are you using Dell Series 5 ink cartridges?

Cleaning Dell ink cartridges

If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer. 

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 5 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 5 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

photo cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges .

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to get a Dell Series 5 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. I would that these back to the place of purchase for a replacement or a refund.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 2nd, 2010 17:00

SuperTrooper716,

These should be Dell Series 5 ink cartridges. It you're using Dell Series 8, then try purchasing Dell Series 5 ink cartridges.

Rick

No Events found!