Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 22nd, 2009 16:00

Dell All In One A940 Scanning problem

Dell All in one Centre A940 is not launching. I get the message box with the title "dlbaaiox" and the message "Unsupported operation was attempted" Separate Microsoft error message box says AIO exe problem.

Copy function is fine. Printing is fine. I can scan via Dell Image Expert but not via the Dell All In One Interface. Any suggestions?

I am using Dell Dimension 8300 with XP

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 22nd, 2009 18:00

Baothghallaigh,

Try re-installing the printer and then tell me what happens.

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer.

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch(a MUST on Vista machines) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

Vista 64-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Now install the proper Drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect the printer(powered on)

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Also try reading...

Update list of applications to send scans to

What happens now? 

Rick

June 24th, 2009 18:00

Thanks very much, Rick, that did the trick. Did everything you said - checked that .net, java was latest, then loaded XP driver. The printer disk automatically loaded the scanning software. Much appreciate your rapid response. Regards Brian

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 24th, 2009 18:00

Brian,

GREAT JOB! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. Could you mark the verify answer(s) that helped you solve your problem, so if someone else searches the forums, they can see what you did to fix your problem(s).

Thanks,

Rick

No Events found!