Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 11th, 2009 14:00

Dell All-In-One Printer 924

My Inspiron E1505 is currently being sent in to Dell for repairs, and I have borrowed my grandfather's Gateway laptop until it gets back. I have a Dell All-In-One Printer 924, and I need to scan a few photos for a school project. The problem is, I can not locate the disc that came with the laptop, so I am having problems finding a way to get the Dell All-In-One center on this computer.

Can anyone help? I'm sure I need a link to the correct drivers for this printer as well, but I'm having the most trouble finding the software for the Dell AIO Center.

1 Message

January 11th, 2009 15:00

same problem with me. you can searched the driver at dell.com. or go to printer menu...click add printer...local printer.. and it will prompt you to choose.....LOCaL printer (LPT 1) ..to choose brand....drop down and click DELL inkjet driver (if not on list , click windows update, it will give new list) and choose Dell photo AIO printer 924 and just follow the instruction.

this one help me, i hope it does the same thing for you. goodluck

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 11th, 2009 16:00

whitemamba,

Just follow the instructions below, no CD required.

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on)

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

1 Message

July 27th, 2009 18:00

I've installed the "proper driver" for the XP, but there is no "run" option, only an "unzip" function.

I think the reason this unzip function doesn't work for me is because I don't have "winzip" installed. Installing this would cost money, so if theres any way I can avoid this that would be nice?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 28th, 2009 04:00

Kritanakom,

You should be able to double click on the drivers and it should automatically unzip. If it doesn't, then download 7-Zip, it's FREE and it will unzip anything for you.

Rick

If you need Vista 64-bit drivers, please let me know.

No Events found!