Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 15th, 2010 09:00

Dell All-in-one Inkjet printer V313 cartridges refill

Can i refill any compatible cartridge for Dell All-in-one Inkjet printer V313. I print a lot every day, cannot afford Dell OEM. Please any help.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 15th, 2010 13:00

video4click,

You can try. It's not recommended. The ink cartridge has a sensor in it that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges

You'll always get the low ink message. Some generic cartridges work and some don't. I use the High Capacity cartridges and they seem to last a longer time, for a few dollars more. If you print as much as it sounds, maybe you should have purchased a laser printer.

Rick

January 11th, 2011 13:00

I just recently refilled my ink cartridge. It does show the "low ink" message, but it prints fine when I do the test page and printer alignment. There's also a message that says something about "Ink Reserve" or something like that. Does the printer have an "ink reserve" that it uses when it reads that the cartridges are low? I'd like to keep using this cartridge even though it says it's "low," but if it's going to use up the "reserve" and mess up my printer, I won't. What should I do?

~Bethanna

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 12th, 2011 03:00

Bethanna,

Some refilled cartridges work and some don't the low ink message will always be there. The cartridges have a sensor in them and cannot be reset. If the printer error messages cannot be reset and the printer stops working, then try Dell brand cartridges mlisted below.

Troubleshooting Printhead Problems on the Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer. 

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 21, 22 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 21, 22 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

photo cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 21, 22 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 21. 22 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to get a Dell Series 21, 22 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. I would take these back to the place of purchase for a replacement or a refund.

Rick

1 Message

May 4th, 2012 09:00

Dell Series 21 ink cartridges have an RFID tag under the label.  You may be able to refill it, depending on the version of your firmware and software drivers and where you bought the cartridge. The RFID tag doesn't recognize the refill, though.  The next time I buy a printer, it will certainly be one that does not have any limitations on refilling cartridges.  I may have to go back to ink pen and paper as greedy as all of these printer companies are.  They'll probably figure out a way to prevent me from refilling my fountain pen without paying for a $20 RFID chip next.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 4th, 2012 14:00

LightningThor,

Try reading...

Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges

You'll always get the low ink eror message, no way to by-pass it. If the printer does not work, then sensor failed.

Rick

2 Posts

April 1st, 2020 14:00

Hello,

I have a brand new in box dell v313w printer. I've had it in storage for a while and I need to use it now since home school started recently.

Will this still function and will I be able to purchase ink for this old model?

Thanks in advance 

Taryn

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 2nd, 2020 09:00

Taryn,

I could not find the replacement Dell Series 21, 22 ink cartridges on Dell's website. You could try Staples or a Google Search for them. Refilling Dell Series Ink cartridges, they have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Refilled cartridges may or may not work.

Rick

2 Posts

April 2nd, 2020 20:00

Thanks!

No Events found!