Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 6th, 2013 08:00

Dell B1165nfw Stuck in power save mode

I have received my second Dell B1165nfw Multifunction Mono Laser Printer, that will go into power save mode and never come back out.  The only way to "wake it up is remove power and let it reinitialize.

I have changed the power save mode time and that will delay the problem.  

I updated the firmware; http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/555/DriverDetails/Product/dell-b1165nfw?driverId=Y14X1&osCode=W732&fileId=3194317439&languageCode=en&categoryId=FW"  with no change.

Any other suggestions, I really don't want to have to exchange another printer. :emotion-42:

2.6K Posts

August 8th, 2013 09:00

Hi Mike,

Please try restoring the printer to factory setting using the control panel of the printer.

Note: This process clears all of the data stored in printer’s memory and resets all of your settings to the factory default.

Press (Menu) > System Setup > Clear Setting on the control panel, select “Printer Setup”, and restore the printer to factory defaults.

Now check if the option for “Button press” is available under “Wakeup Event”.

If the issue persists, press (Menu) > System Setup > Clear Setting on the control panel, select “All settings” and check the option for “Button press” is available under “Wakeup Event” and switch it on.

Please post the results.

2.6K Posts

August 7th, 2013 10:00

Hi hmctech,

Please follow the below mentioned steps:

Press (Menu) > System Setup > Machine Setup on the control panel of the pinter and  select “Wakeup Event”.

You can set the condition to wake up from power-save mode. Set the item on.

• Button Press: When you press any button except power button, the machine wake up from the power save mode.
  • Scanner: When you insert paper in the document feeder, the machine wake up from the power save mode.
  • Printer: When you open or close the paper tray, the machine wake up from the power save mode. 

Please select the suitable option and check.

3 Posts

August 7th, 2013 12:00

When I press (Menu) > System Setup > Machine Setup on the control panel of the pinter and  select “Wakeup Event”.

The Only option is Scanner

If I select scanner the only choice is on or off

I took a look at the web interface and discovered the same.
Under Power Save - Wakeup Event
Scanner: On or Off

Maybe this is why the it is not working. :emotion-6:

Mike

3 Posts

August 8th, 2013 14:00

I Cleared the settings  and went to to (Menu) > System Setup > Machine Setup > Wakeup Event > Scanner  selected off,  saved the setting and then when back to  (Menu) > System Setup > Machine Setup > Wakeup Event > Scanner and selected on.

This  worked,  however under “Wakeup Event” I am still not seeing  the option for “Button press”.  

At this point it doesn't matter, it wakes up if a button is pushed, if it receives a print job, or a request to scan.

Thanks for your help.

6 Posts

August 12th, 2013 13:00

Having the same problem with a Dell C1765nf MFP printer.

I tried to apply the solution you used above, but there was no corresponding setup option.

1 Message

April 25th, 2014 08:00

I am having the same problem ! The printer will not come out of the Power Save Mode ! If I send a print job to the printer, it will not wake up unless I wake it up turn it off and then turn it back on ! I have tried all the suggestions on this forum with no avail ! It is very annoying to have to do this every time I want to print something !  PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!! I need a solution to correct this. I love the printer but this is making it very difficult to use ! And if I can't use it, I will buy another Brand that will work for wireless connection. This shouldn't be that hard !

1 Message

October 18th, 2014 08:00

Seems like lots of people including me are having this problem and Dell techs are not taking this very seriously.

Here is my suggestion that seems to be better than tolerating this problem and going upstairs to reboot printer every time it goes offline.

1. Set printer to Fixed ip.

2. I have a new Netgear router and found it pretty simple to go into LAN setup and reserve an ip for the printer.  Have the printer online when you do this and the ip and MAC address will appear on the router LAN page.  Select the printer and it will appear in the reserve ip section, save, exit, reboot the PC you are using to lock in the ip on the router.

Well, this is still not enough for this printer beast.  Be sure you have downloaded and installed the Dell printer manager on the computer(s) you will want to use this printer from.  Since my (and many others) have noted that you cannot select anything other than SCAN from the Wake up Printer options, if the printer is offline when you need to use it....go to your Dell Printer manager, select scan AND..............this usually will wake up the printer from a distant computer...................without having to walk over to it and do something you will later regret.

Working for me so far, keeping fingers crossed and still wondering why Dell does not provide better support for things they choose to sell.

1 Message

October 22nd, 2014 10:00

This product is not working properly, we had this unit replaced 4 times and still no solution. 

It is originally a Samsung product that has an rebranded software.

What we do is unplug the power cord each time the device "freezes"

That is the ONLY thing that works.

Bravo to DELL !

1 Message

January 5th, 2015 10:00

This printer is garbage.  I have to reinstall it on every computer every month or 2.  It's going on the curb this week.  Thanks Dell

December 5th, 2018 16:00

For anyone out there still having this problem, I found a fix.  My machine worked for years and then stopped working for all devices on our network without unplugging and re-powering the machine. 

I followed all the advice to make sure my printer was set for a static IP (you can do that from the front panel) and I set my router to reserve that IP for the MAC address of the printer.  I still could not wake this machine.  Eco was off. 

I downloaded the latest driver and loaded it on the printer using the web interface.  Still no go. 

I finally went into the printer settings via the web interface (put your printer static IP in as the URL and use admin for username and dell00000 for default password if you haven't changed it) and settings->machine->system timeout->OFF.  Bingo - the machine now comes back to life even from a deep slumber overnight.

Hope that helps someone struggling with this machine.  Now I have to fix my boss' machine as he has the same problem that suddenly occurred after years of service.

1 Message

October 11th, 2020 18:00

• When i turn on the computer, theres this "Entering power save" flashes on screen then it turns off... but the cpu still on... please help me, my children is using this pc for their online learning... Please... 
  • Thank you Sir. 
  • #KeepSafe
No Events found!